Cheap Art
Saturday was the opposite of its previous incarnation: instead of blustery, icy cold blizzards, we were treated to 60-degree weather and sunshine. Everyone went outside. I was doing laundry that day and looked out to Broadway, saw the multitudes of people wandering in a spring daze, and decided to capitalize on my theory that spring makes people want to spend their money.
So, as I did in October, I dragged all of my paintings out to the corner of Broadway with a sign that said "MAKE ME AN OFFER!" I was excited by the prospect of getting my stuff off my floor and out of my life for someone else to hopefully enjoy.
And I was successful! It's easy to be successful when you're cheap. I sold seven pieces for about $15-$20 each. As follows:
Swallow The Sea:


Collage #Blue (I was so sick of this one that I gave it away for $5):

Mirror:

Okay, correction. I sold six and I traded one with this adorable li'l boy named Jack for a bracelet he'd just gotten at the Museum of Natural History or something.

Hang On, as inspired by Pink Martini song "Hang On, Little Tomato":




Lookat this little cutie!

These darling fashionistas snatched up two of my favorites.

Gorgeous Blonde Tresses:


and Assault:


And there was one that was so new I didn't even get a chance to take a photo of it. In addition, the fellow who bought Mirror later emailed me and asked me to make him a custom piece as well. I made a li'l bit of pocket change (enough to keep fueling my hobby), and got to enjoy the Saturday chatting with passers-by.
Cheers to cheap art!
love,
*jenna*
So, as I did in October, I dragged all of my paintings out to the corner of Broadway with a sign that said "MAKE ME AN OFFER!" I was excited by the prospect of getting my stuff off my floor and out of my life for someone else to hopefully enjoy.
And I was successful! It's easy to be successful when you're cheap. I sold seven pieces for about $15-$20 each. As follows:
Swallow The Sea:


Collage #Blue (I was so sick of this one that I gave it away for $5):

Mirror:

Okay, correction. I sold six and I traded one with this adorable li'l boy named Jack for a bracelet he'd just gotten at the Museum of Natural History or something.
Hang On, as inspired by Pink Martini song "Hang On, Little Tomato":




Lookat this little cutie!
These darling fashionistas snatched up two of my favorites.
Gorgeous Blonde Tresses:


and Assault:


And there was one that was so new I didn't even get a chance to take a photo of it. In addition, the fellow who bought Mirror later emailed me and asked me to make him a custom piece as well. I made a li'l bit of pocket change (enough to keep fueling my hobby), and got to enjoy the Saturday chatting with passers-by.
Cheers to cheap art!
love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
CHEERS!!! I don't think I ever saw "Mirror"...LOVE IT! So awesome that your art is hanging in apartments throughout NY!
Post a Comment
<< Home