Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome Autumn!

A few weeks ago my friend Jelsen invited me to take part in his First Annual Gut-A-Pumpkin festival, which means we gathered on his stoop to eat fancy cheeses, drink Stephanie's delicious mulled wine, and, well, gut pumpkins like the fine Americans we are.


I realized that this was the first time I had EVER celebrated the onset of autumn. Usually I'm fighting it, wearing clothes that are better suited for early September and complaining about the approaching darkness of winter. But no more! That day I learned how to properly celebrate this brief, crisp, beautiful season.






It had been YEARS since I'd done this.


Me and all my equally bad-ass-hairstyled ladies.






Jelsen was pumpin' the jams from his apt. above,


And soon brought down some records to keep us company and keep in tune with the sound of the October breeze blowin' past.






While were busy working away, Jelsen fetched his lovely, lovely, lovely little boy and paraded him around like the proud papa he is.


Talk about a PUMPKIN!




Ugh. SO cute. Before we knew it, the sun was down and the time had come to light up our Jacks (mine is the supremely traditional one all the way to the left).


The ideal spot for trick-or-treaters, I do say.


While we were admiring our work, Jelsen hopped over to a neighbor to ask him to judge our contest. "Wha-? I didn't know this was a contest..." some of us said.

And guess who should win but Jelsen himself!


I find that suspicious. But only because I came soooo close, having won second place.


How smug.

A perfect fall day, spent happily with good friends and wholesome fun.

love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home