Whew.
Last coupla days have been... busy. Last night I was supposed to go to The Big Tree with Jennifer and give her her Christmas gift, but alas, work would not allow. Had to work late.

Luckily Sarra and I are a fabulous team, so we only had to stay until 10, rather than one of us staying until 2am as we would have to if either of us were lone assistants. I found that due to the possible MTA strike the next day, I would have to hand-deliver a package to midtown by 9am... by walking in the rain from my house. I rushed home in a cab to pack and get to sleep so I could wake up early enough to deliver the package. On the way home, I took a breath and appreciated the Christmas-y loveliness around me.


Got home, packed, and went to bed. I woke up this morning and it was 50 degrees outside (much better than the 30 I expected) and barely raining. I turned on the radio just before I left and heard that the MTA is only on a partial strike, not affecting the subways, at least for now. I got the package there 10 minutes early, and got to work stress-free. Tonight's the big PS 260 Christmas party and tomorrow I hopefully will make it to the airport on time and without hassle.
Thank you MTA. Just know that I love you.

Luckily Sarra and I are a fabulous team, so we only had to stay until 10, rather than one of us staying until 2am as we would have to if either of us were lone assistants. I found that due to the possible MTA strike the next day, I would have to hand-deliver a package to midtown by 9am... by walking in the rain from my house. I rushed home in a cab to pack and get to sleep so I could wake up early enough to deliver the package. On the way home, I took a breath and appreciated the Christmas-y loveliness around me.


Got home, packed, and went to bed. I woke up this morning and it was 50 degrees outside (much better than the 30 I expected) and barely raining. I turned on the radio just before I left and heard that the MTA is only on a partial strike, not affecting the subways, at least for now. I got the package there 10 minutes early, and got to work stress-free. Tonight's the big PS 260 Christmas party and tomorrow I hopefully will make it to the airport on time and without hassle.
Thank you MTA. Just know that I love you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home