Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dreamy Day Of Daydreaming

Last Sunday I spent the afternoon walking to Central Park to check on spring's progress. I was pleased with how far it's come since January, when I last visited the Park. I indulged my obsession with bare branches.


Grr, behold The Claw!
I sat myself down to do the Sunday crossword and sip coffee while some birds flew overhead.


One came to visit me. We chatted for a bit before he rejoined his friends in flying around in circles.


The branches weren't all bare, though. Some had lovely buds about to break out.


The first flowers of the season were already blessing the playground.




I spotted a Little Red Riding Hood, who was intently following a squirrel...


Ooh! My favorites....




As I made my way home, I instantly spotted this gem... once you have a filter on your brain it's easy to do.


O, the colors of spring... brightening the city one block at a time.




Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.


love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

1. Why that's not just "a bird", that's Mr. Robin Redbreast, the first bird of Spring!

2. Those magical red balloons have a way of hiding from the madding crowd, don't they? So aptly exhibiting the personification in our little book.

3. Lovely photos. That tulip one would be so awesome cropped and framed.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home