Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Changing Light of Summer In New York

Oh, all the random things that pass through my eyes in a New York summer such as this.

Have you ever seen a scale model of a building beside its original?


I think there was a movie being shot on Prince Street involving this church. You can sort of peep the steeple in the background there...


The very very best Manhattan I've ever had, courtesy of Del Posto.


Even the po-po need summer refreshment.






A church I wandered into while meandering the West Side and teaching myself how to whistle.




Beautiful sunny summer rain, crashing onto New York so suddenly and ending even more so.


The cavernous ceiling walls of a decrepit subway station.


I've been seeing some weird things inside the subway as well.




The most ridiculously hip party I've ever attended, on 4th of July on the Lower East Side.


What could be more hipster than a chick with platinum hair checking her iPhone while drinking cheap beer out of a plastic cup while sitting on a ledge against a graffiti'd sunset skyline?




Sunny pretty Shannie-Annie.






For some reason, I was taken by this subway worker scrawl of "There To Here."


And my favorite.... one reason I've always dreamed of living in New York... the fire escapes. Particularly, lit by a setting sun, their sharp shadows doubling each slat and bar.




love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home