5 Years!
Well, darlings, the unthinkable has happened.
I have lost my camera.
I never thought I would be so foolish as to misplace it, and in 5 years of having a digital camera on me at all times I've never had this happen! But alas, it's true.
So, while I research refurbished cameras online and select one that is just right for me, this blog will be going retro. A Memory Lane of the five years I've had it (!).
Beginning with a Thanksgiving weekend-appropriate look back on one of the loveliest days I can remember, the day my Grandma taught me how to make her banana cream pie.

I'm really glad that I asked her to show me how to make it. Not only is it delicious (and guaranteed by Grandma to win any man's heart), it makes me feel connected to her, and, in a way, centered as a woman in my family.
I made one Wednesday night, to bring to Shannon and Mike's Thanksgiving bonanza. With slightly panicked phone calls to my mom and Aunt Marsha over homemade whipped cream, wearing the apron Grandma gave me on our day together, and listening to my Thanksgiving Mix on iTunes, I accomplished a fine and delicious pie of my own.
I think Grandma would have approved.
I leave you with a song from my mix that warmed me like apple cider as I cracked eggs and rounded teaspoons of cornstarch.
love,
*jenna*
I have lost my camera.
I never thought I would be so foolish as to misplace it, and in 5 years of having a digital camera on me at all times I've never had this happen! But alas, it's true.
So, while I research refurbished cameras online and select one that is just right for me, this blog will be going retro. A Memory Lane of the five years I've had it (!).
Beginning with a Thanksgiving weekend-appropriate look back on one of the loveliest days I can remember, the day my Grandma taught me how to make her banana cream pie.
I'm really glad that I asked her to show me how to make it. Not only is it delicious (and guaranteed by Grandma to win any man's heart), it makes me feel connected to her, and, in a way, centered as a woman in my family.
I made one Wednesday night, to bring to Shannon and Mike's Thanksgiving bonanza. With slightly panicked phone calls to my mom and Aunt Marsha over homemade whipped cream, wearing the apron Grandma gave me on our day together, and listening to my Thanksgiving Mix on iTunes, I accomplished a fine and delicious pie of my own.
I think Grandma would have approved.
I leave you with a song from my mix that warmed me like apple cider as I cracked eggs and rounded teaspoons of cornstarch.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home