Some Summer Time Spent
Shannon's always telling me how amazing Fire Island is. So, one day, off we went! Up into a ferry and across to an island with no cars allowed.

As soon as we got there we ate. It was decided that it was better to tend to blood sugar and THEN lay around doing nothing. While we waited for a table at Island Mermaid, I snickered at the hostess sign.

We got an oceanside table...

... and margaritas.

After, we walked to the beach and basically chilled all day long.

Shannon took photos with her adorable gold Lomography fisheye camera and hung around the beach looking like a bombshell (as per usual)...

... while I donned my usual summer hat (soon to be retired, as Shannon remarked that it's beginning to resemble the scarecrow from "Wizard Of Oz") and got thrashed around by the salty, cold waves.

Sunday was the annual Brooklyn Bastille Day Fest on Smith St. I was so excited to go. I did not find myself a husband, but I did find a big, ice-cold glass of Ricard pastis.

Loads of people had gathered to watch the pentaque tournament, which as far as I can tell is the same thing as Bocci Ball.



Everybody was wearing some kind of cute hat . These red/white and blue/white ones were handed out by Ricard. Nearly identical to the one I was already wearing (so I'm not sure if I should be glad I automatically fit in, or disappointed that I didn't get a free hat!).

People were looking adorable and French!


Afterward, I moseyed over a block to my friend Nicole's utterly convenient stoop sale to sit around with her and the gabbing girlfriends (and, eventually, their boyfriends), hula hoop, and barbecue.





What a sweet weekend!

love,
*jenna*
As soon as we got there we ate. It was decided that it was better to tend to blood sugar and THEN lay around doing nothing. While we waited for a table at Island Mermaid, I snickered at the hostess sign.
We got an oceanside table...
... and margaritas.
After, we walked to the beach and basically chilled all day long.
Shannon took photos with her adorable gold Lomography fisheye camera and hung around the beach looking like a bombshell (as per usual)...
... while I donned my usual summer hat (soon to be retired, as Shannon remarked that it's beginning to resemble the scarecrow from "Wizard Of Oz") and got thrashed around by the salty, cold waves.
Sunday was the annual Brooklyn Bastille Day Fest on Smith St. I was so excited to go. I did not find myself a husband, but I did find a big, ice-cold glass of Ricard pastis.
Loads of people had gathered to watch the pentaque tournament, which as far as I can tell is the same thing as Bocci Ball.
Everybody was wearing some kind of cute hat . These red/white and blue/white ones were handed out by Ricard. Nearly identical to the one I was already wearing (so I'm not sure if I should be glad I automatically fit in, or disappointed that I didn't get a free hat!).
People were looking adorable and French!
Afterward, I moseyed over a block to my friend Nicole's utterly convenient stoop sale to sit around with her and the gabbing girlfriends (and, eventually, their boyfriends), hula hoop, and barbecue.
What a sweet weekend!
love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:
LOVE the pic of you on the sand!
"Stoop sale." I learned something new - New York's version of a garage sale.
What a great summer weekend, over all.
Exactly! Except instead of putting things on tables, we lay everything down on blankets and yell at passers-by and beg them to buy something. And instead of papers posted on lampposts, we write invitations on chalk on every nearby intersection.
Brooklyn!
Post a Comment
<< Home