Monday, April 24, 2006

One whole year.

On Friday morning, Mitch came into the assistants' room and said, "Jenna, who'd you get flowers from?!" I was like, "Flowers? What are you talking about?" I came out and saw a box full of beautiful purple tulips with a note from this handsome dude:

He sent me flowers for our anniversary!! Isn't it so sweet? I was most delighted. It really made my day, because up until that moment I had been in a crabby mood due to my near-ruining of his gift. I had to work late that night, but fortunately we were able to have brunch together the next day at our old favorite, The Metro Diner. We toasted each other with Coca-Cola and coffee.
We gave gifts, mine to him a black-and-white collage of pictures of us kissing, his to me a video montage of every single picture we've ever taken together in the last year.
A lazy afternoon followed, filled with naps and TiVO'd episodes of "Top Chef." It was so lovely, especially for Dustin, who had not had a weekend off in a month. We capped off the day with a gussied-up trip to Mesa Grill, the famed Bobby Flay restaurant near Union Square.
I had an excuse to wear my favorite dress of all time for the second time ever!They had a great ladies' room. (The food was great too.)

The next day Dustin left for a broadcasters' convention in Las Vegas, while the girls and I had brunch and then hopped on the 4-train to go to YANKEE STADIUM!! (or is it Yankees' Stadium? Hmm.)
In addition to ball players, beer sellers and peanut purveyors, we also saw a boy scout,

... and some Jewish kids.
We were captivated by the game.
We definitely couldn't resist yelling at the umps.
We were straight chillin'.

It was a beautiful way to spend the day. Covered in rain in the Bronx.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home