Monday, April 03, 2006

Welcome to the greatest season of the year

On Saturday, the girls and I (sans Jennifer, who was working tirelessly on a paper for school) wanted to do a photo shoot in Central Park. But it rained.
No worries, we had a backup plan. It involved a long subway ride, upon which we saw a weird homeless dude. I mean, I can only assume he was homeless. He kept putting things into his mouth.
We arrived in Brooklyn and saw this awesome door. All 3 of us took a picture of it.
And finally we arrived at the Brooklyn Brewery, where grandparents, hipsters, babies, and all sorts of people in between gather to sample local brews and, in our case, play Phase 10.
Afterward, the sun was out and it was setting so we decided to try out our photo expedition again, this time by the water. We were rudely halted by a big fence.

But Kerri and Shannon, masters of feminine wiles, flirted their way in, and we got behind-the-gate access to take some quick pics of the darkening Manhattan skyline.


We made our way back, stopping every now and then to take photos of the ADORABLE Shannon,
... and the exquisite natural textures all around us.




We ended up at the world-famous (or maybe just New York-famous) thrift store Beacon's Closet.
B.'s Closet also had some terrific textures. (I don't think I've said "terrific" since I was 10.)

STILL making our way back to the subway, we stopped briefly at Fix coffee shop. My obsession with interesting bathrooms got the best of me and my memory card.
The next day, spring was delightfully in the air and I walked across Central Park, admiring the flora and fauna and sky and air and colors and smells and tastes.It was SO BRIGHT out.
I stopped at this little knoll to do the crossword (by myself; Dustin had to work! Such a misfortune on this beautiful day). But, in New York, one can never be truly alone. I was no exception.

God, it was so beautiful out. The kind of day that makes you elated to be alive.
This sweet little family from France asked me to take their pic in front of the white-blossomed trees. Afterward, I also took a photo for myself, because they were just such a sweet, loving family enjoying the day.
Oh, early April. The time of year caught in a tug-of-war between the barrenness of winter and the blossoming of spring.Later, Jennifer and I went to the East River pier and got some ice cream. We enjoyed the tree-lined streets of the Upper East Side, so Cosby-esque.

Happy Spring!! Ah, so lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home