Friday, September 29, 2006

Less Than Impressed.

We capped off Concert week on Thursday with a much-anticipated Central Park performance of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, to which we'd had tickets since March. Freaking MARCH! We headed down and stared in awe at the massive stage and massive-er crowd.


"We" were me, Dustin, Jennifer, Robert (from work) and Rob's girl Molly.


I don't know if it was the extraordinary level of anticipation with which I came to this concert, or if I had been spoiled earlier this week by those other two awesome concerts, or what, but... well... I was kind of bored.


They didn't sound bad. It was just sort of "blah." Their music tends to be so epic and energetic and I just felt like they were all, "Yeah, we're an awesome indie band who regularly sells out shows. We're cool. Whatever. We don't have to do anything to prove it." ... but not in a good way.

They could have at least had a little confetti or something.

Anyway, I was happy to have had a fabulous week of live music. Everybody have a good weekend! I'll be working.

love,
*jenna*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God. What a horrible life.

11:08 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Easy, Tiger. I wasn't complaining. I'm just sayin'. If they came to my hometown, I wouldn't recommend that someone pay $50, 7 months in advance, to see that performance.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm. Jealousy. Good rockin'.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home