Autumn in New York.
Autumn in New York
Why does it seem so inviting?
Autumn in New York
It spells the thrill of first-nighting
















Glittering crowds and shimmering clouds
In canyons of steel


They're making me feel I'm home
Dreamers with empty hands
They sigh for exotic lands
It's autumn in New York
It's good to live it again
Autumn in New York
The gleaming rooftops at sundown
Oh, autumn in New York
It lifts you up when you're run down













Yes, lovers that bless the dark
On the benches in Central Park
Greet autumn in New York
Its good to live it again

love,
*jenna*
Why does it seem so inviting?
Autumn in New York
It spells the thrill of first-nighting
















Glittering crowds and shimmering clouds
In canyons of steel


They're making me feel I'm home
Dreamers with empty hands
They sigh for exotic lands
It's autumn in New York
It's good to live it again
Autumn in New York
The gleaming rooftops at sundown
Oh, autumn in New York
It lifts you up when you're run down













Yes, lovers that bless the dark
On the benches in Central Park
Greet autumn in New York
Its good to live it again

love,
*jenna*

3 Comments:
I can feel it!! Tell me, should I recognize those lines/lyrics? Or are they yours? And... do you know the song "Autumn in New York"? Makes me think of Uncle Matt and now it is stuck in my head - as are thoughts of Matt.
what a glorious autumnal post.
olive juice
Indeed, those are the lyrics of the song of the same name. I am a poet but I am no Vernon Duke. Thank you guys for your comments! I love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home