Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Double-Header

This is gonna be a big post. Let's just go ahead and get this part outta the way right off the bat. We finally got our pictures back from our photo shoot with Jay. Out of 650 pictures taken, about 30 were good, 600 were hilarious, and the rest were just bad. I mean, I have some gorgeous girlfriends, but we are clearly not models. (Although you'd think we could be, after all of those seasons of "America's Next Top Model" we've watched together.) In most of them we just look confused, awkward, pissed off, or silly in general. However I will post some of the better ones here, mostly because I know my mom wants to see them. The best ones were the candid or at least happy ones.
















God, it's just hilarious!






We look like lovers in some of them.


The classic "strut"




















At least we got to be silly on purpose some of the time.








These cops tried to ticket us for having a photo shoot without a permit (this is NY after all) but luckily we grabbed them and had some fun with them, and then they left us alone.




I know the girls are gonna be pissed I posted this one, but it's just too funny. Kerri and I are in a battle between good and evil, while Shannon is trying to get my back by laser-beaming Kerri with her eyes, and meanwhile Jennifer's like, "Don't cheesesteaks sound good right now?"








Yippeee!




See? We're lovers. Clearly.


Awwww! This is the best one.



In other news, doesn't this dude look just like David Hasselhoff, if he had aged better?


I thought so. Speaking of the 'Hoff, for the summer I am recapping "America's Got Talent" for TVgasm. Click Here.

Anyway, on Saturday Dustin and I went to Madison Square Park for the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, erstwhile known as the Blues & Barbecue Festival. I have been to it every year I've been in New York.

It's soooooo much fun, just to chill, eat some good food and listen to some great music. Everybody else thought so too. It's a tradition!




I loved this pit cook's shirt.


Even the Fuzz stopped for a bite.


We settled on The Salt Lick, and it. was. so. good.


When we got our food, I dipped my finger in the sauce and was horrified to discover it tasted just like salad dressing. However, in combination with the brisket and thick Texas bread it was unbeatably good..






Dustin even went for seconds.


We saw David Cross right here. You may know him from Mr. Show, or Arrested Development. He stood about two feet from me and I'm sure could feel me staring at him. But we didn't bother him.


We just continued with our crossword.


It was pretty nice weather too.


And we finally got to see the Big Metal Tree, which we have passed by a million times but never stopped to really look at. It's this gorgeous, elaborate sculpture of 2 silver barren trees in the middle of the summery leafy ones.






It's really beautiful because the two trees intertwine and meld together in the middle.


We showed our love.




Later that night, the previously sunny sky turned gray and ominous.


But it was okay. We were safe in the shelter of Maya, an amazing Mexican restaurant in Midtown.

We got, of course, fresh-made guacamole.


Dustin had this crazy chicken dish, the name of which escapes me.


And I had all of my favorite Mexican culinary elements combined in one dish: chicken with MOLE, PLANTAINS, AVOCADO, CILANTRO RICE and freakin' OAXACAN CHEESE on top.


It made me pump my fists in delicious delight.


The ladies' room was pretty. Check out this great door, carved out of wood.


And there's something about bowl sinks that just feels classy.


And finally, Jennifer was due to leave on this Wednesday, the 13th. So I went out with her one last time for cheesesteaks. *sniffle*

Later we went to Virgin Megastore and on the way, I got a bug in my eye. We looked like idiots on the street trying to get it out and freaking out over it.


At Virgin, Jen decided she desperately needed this Nintendo belt buckle. For some reason she changed her mind at the last second.


And I decided I needed these three CDs from the $8 bin.



I know, I know, "The Bridge" isn't Billy Joel's best album ever. But it's the album I grew up listening to, because my mom had the cassette tape of it, so I love it. I know every word to every song. I was so young when I used to listen to it that I actually thought the female vocals on every song were sung by Christie Brinkley. As for Journey's "Greatest Hits," well, I have no excuse. Except that it's awesome. As awesome as this:



love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee-where do I begin? (I'm still reeling over the party bus - what a BLAST!)
First, having these blogs chronicle your amazing existence in New York City helps this mama immensely.
Second, Journey is now newly popular again after being the Soprano's "swan song." Loved the video.
Third, adored the photo shots. I'll download several. You all look great. Make this a life-long link, girls!

I love you, Jenna.
mums.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Seriously, I could really go for a cheesesteak.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home