Monday, April 23, 2007

Numero Dos

Sunday was Dustin's and my 2-year anniversary. We decided to go out for a fancy dinner on Saturday night for reasons explained below (soccer). As you probably know, I get excited over any event I can get dressed up for.

I was especially excited to wear my new shoes (more on that in its own post to follow).


I had low blood sugar by the time we were ready to leave, so I got a little grumpy when Dustin tried to take my picture (which I asked him to take).


But I bucked up for the couple shot, courtesy of Dustin's doorman Domingo.


My boss Zarina had given me a nearly-new beautiful red trench coat the day before, because it didn't really fit her and she said it was "just so jenna." And I finally carried a purse that I bought 2 years ago and have never used.


The restaurant, One If By Land, Two If By Sea, was definitely swanky. Very romantic. Live pianist.


Beautiful flower displays.



Gorgeous beau.


The tulips outside the window beside our table matched the single red tulip Dustin gave me earlier that night.


We perused the menu...


... which had a Longfellow poem accompanying the wine list.


After ordering, Dustin gave me his gift (partially)... I read his loverly card. (sorry about all the head-down shots.)


His gift to me, besides the delicious dinner, was this freaking awesome shirt (on backorder by two weeks) of our all-time favorite hero, Jack Bauer from "24." We've watched every episode together, spent days holed up inside watching DVDs of the first few seasons, and put our names down as "Bauer" when we go to restaurants. I can't wait to wear this shirt.


My gift to him was a new Polaroid camera (unpictured). He had mentioned he wanted one, and unbeknownst to me had looked online at the same model I gave him. Gifting success!

Our appetizers came, and D.'s was quite colorful.


I didn't realize mine was going to be so raw. But there it was.


My dinner was hearty, literally a meat-and-potatoes meal.


And Dustin had something that I didn't take a very good picture of because I was too focused on his face.


The dessert, though, was most divine. I had steamed lemon mèringue with honey-lavender ice cream and limoncello. Oh man, it makes me swoon just thinking about it again.


... while Dustin had a very special trio of ice creams.


On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, after working hard all week, what do you most want to do? For PS 260 employees, the answer is: see more of each other. We all gathered together at Prospect Park in Brooklyn for the very first PS 260 soccer game!


It was weird to see each other in "workout" clothes. Let me tell you, everyone in Brooklyn was at Prospect Park that day, the first nice day since hot January. We had to search far and wide for a field in which to play.


But we found a place, and stretched together. And by "stretched," I mean "sat around and gabbed."


Even little Ozzie Lask made it out to support dad Marlin. You can just tell he's a thinker.


The game was tense, and we really found out a lot about each other, believe me. For example, Stephanie is an awesome left field guard. Also, Eric (who is over 6 feet tall) makes great defense against shorties like Mitch. Also, Marlin likes to kick soccer balls into people's faces (namely mine). Also, Robert is a freaking warrior and will push anyone to the ground (me) to get to the ball. In the days following, everyone who was on that field would complain endlessly about tired, sore muscles and wish they had actually stretched.

After the game, we drank the best-tasting water of all time and had the finest oranges you could imagine.


Here is the winning team, by a score of 4-6: Diaper Rash. They won by pure cuteness of their supporters, Ozzie and Sadie.


And the galliant losing team, Los Banditos (you can guess which one's me):


And lastly, after the game, Dustin and I went out for cheesesteaks (SO. GOOD.) and D. gave me a whole bouquet of my favorite flower in my favorite color. Awwwwww


A lovely anniversary weekend.


love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a bad anniversary, if i say so myself. now, if i could have only goten the myspace picture to work.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home