Monday, October 22, 2007

Ghostly Good Time

Last Friday night, Shannon galliantly accompanied me to the Ghostland Observatory concert, without even knowing who they were or what their music was about. I got her to agree to go based solely on the power of dancing in this YouTube video:



Nathan has been telling me since Easter that I have to see these guys live, so I did.


The band is comprised of this dude, dancer extraordinaire:


And the Caped Keyboardist:


They were total rock stars. It was basically a Friday night dance party.





When I saw Nathan in Arizona last weekend, he kept saying about Ghostland, "Jenna, you've gotta see them! They have these LASER LIGHTS! I don't know how to explain it!" I just looked at him like, "What, was this your first concert ever? Every show has laser lights! It's called lighting design!" All of that in my attempt to raise an eyebrow.

But when we went to the show, I said, "OoooohhhhHH!!! LASER LIGHTS!!!"


Major laser.





I think the crowd generally had a rockin' good time.


As usual, the bouncer didn't seem to care one way or another.


But I do have to say, it was a fabulous show. Thanks for the recommend, Nate!


love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but I just wanted to comment that it's really sad that every time I come to your blog and read "I LOVE NEW YORK" at the top all I can think of is the slut from VH1. I just now realized the implications of the name of that show. It has forever sullied a phrase dear to my heart.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home