My First Art Show
Last Saturday was a rather special occasion for me: the reception for my very first (and hopefully not last) art show! I was participating in the West Side Arts Coalition's exhibit for posters and collages with five pieces.

When I got there, the other artists were doing their own posing with their pieces, while friends and family milled about.


Requisite group photo...

We had a good turnout... Barbara from the office was there, as well as Mitch and Dustin's uncle Stickney.



Stephanie showed up (with flowers! ain't she the sweetest?) and made quick work of snapping photos of everything.

Before long, Momo and Margaret also showed up.

It was fun to finally get to show people I know some of the things I've worked on, because photos don't normally convey the vibe, know what I'm saying? But it was definitely weird to have to talk about it... I've never really had to b.s. about the "juxtaposition" in anything I've made.


Momo and I were talking about this one, which is covered in glitter, and after a pause, she said, "Once I threw up red glitter." I figured that warranted a photo.

These are my pieces, which somehow don't look quite right in jpeg form, but which I'll post nevertheless, because it's the first time they've hung on a wall!


In real life, this one is far brighter shade of gold.




Dustin showed up and with him he brought his whole family! Or at least the ones in town. Dad Louis and Uncle (technically cousin) Stickney.

Stepmama Karen and Phoebelina too!

The day had started out rainy and miserable, but by the afternoon the sun shone through the trees - which, by the way, had bloomed overnight into this gloriousness (gloriosity?).

A lovely celebratory day, finished off with barbecue that tasted straight outta Austin and had a bar stocked with dozens of different types of whiskeys. What could be better than that? I suppose a photo would be good, but that will have to wait for next time.

love,
*jenna*
When I got there, the other artists were doing their own posing with their pieces, while friends and family milled about.
Requisite group photo...
We had a good turnout... Barbara from the office was there, as well as Mitch and Dustin's uncle Stickney.
Stephanie showed up (with flowers! ain't she the sweetest?) and made quick work of snapping photos of everything.
Before long, Momo and Margaret also showed up.
It was fun to finally get to show people I know some of the things I've worked on, because photos don't normally convey the vibe, know what I'm saying? But it was definitely weird to have to talk about it... I've never really had to b.s. about the "juxtaposition" in anything I've made.
Momo and I were talking about this one, which is covered in glitter, and after a pause, she said, "Once I threw up red glitter." I figured that warranted a photo.
These are my pieces, which somehow don't look quite right in jpeg form, but which I'll post nevertheless, because it's the first time they've hung on a wall!
In real life, this one is far brighter shade of gold.
Dustin showed up and with him he brought his whole family! Or at least the ones in town. Dad Louis and Uncle (technically cousin) Stickney.
Stepmama Karen and Phoebelina too!
The day had started out rainy and miserable, but by the afternoon the sun shone through the trees - which, by the way, had bloomed overnight into this gloriousness (gloriosity?).
A lovely celebratory day, finished off with barbecue that tasted straight outta Austin and had a bar stocked with dozens of different types of whiskeys. What could be better than that? I suppose a photo would be good, but that will have to wait for next time.
love,
*jenna*

4 Comments:
congratulations... so happy for you.
wish we could have been there to see.
i loooove Stephanie's hat.
We concelebrate your achievement. This is just the beginning.
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo wish i could have been there.........
love,
your mother
By the way, you look spectacular. Glowing.
Congratulations. We are so very happy for you... and you have excellent art. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment
<< Home