Friday, May 01, 2009

Two Lips

One thing about New York that strikes my heart every single year is its tulips (perhaps my most blogged-about flower). Since I moved here, I have come to associate tulips with lungfuls of warm air, accidental smiles and blisters from first-worn sandals. Each spring, just as world seems to be growing new again, New York celebrates with these, my favorite flower. Everywhere I look, they've just popped up like rows of pretty girls in summer dresses in some lost musical from the '50s.

Greeting me from the fronts of shops...


Waving at me on the walk to work past Central Park...


Nodding in the wind, absolutely glowing in the sunlight during a Sunday stroll...




There's even a differently colored set on each block down Broadway.


(I'm partial to the red.)


Don't even GET me started on the cherry blossoms; that's a whole other post.


So thank you, New York City, if for nothing but your tulips.

love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I do also love LOVE the tulips. I think it is the exquisite simplicity of their design.

The only season I have not seen in New York style is Spring. Perhaps next year...?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Loraine said...

lovely.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home