Parties in Pink
For the last few weeks I've been editing a video for the ALS Association. Every year they have a benefit dinner and last year I got to cut the patient film - my first real editing gig. I guess I did a good enough job because they asked me to do it again this year. You can watch it here.
Of course, I'll take any excuse to get all gussied up. Director Ben, my boss JJ and I all got dressed up and ready to go to the dinner on Thursday. By that time I was just happy to have it out of my hands and ready to enjoy the night.

At the Marriott Marquis, producer Ronan met up with us.

Last year we sat at a table with the agency; this year they put us at a table with the patient we profiled, Dave, and his wife Laura. They served an absolutely delicious 3-course meal...

(mmm, desserts.... pumpkin gelato, pie and mousse.)

... among speeches about the devastation of ALS. Last year they just sort of showed the films sporatically, without warning, and you just had to hope people were watching. This year we got a fantastic intro from the event's organizer, and everyone's attention from the start. The very first film up was mine. After working so hard on the editing, I hadn't had much of a chance to step back and see it emotionally, but I got that opportunity in spades while watching it sitting beside Dave and Laura. It was intense to watch them watch it, but I think I did my job.

I even got to meet Goose Gossage, who was being honored that night.

I was so glad I'd gotten to meet Dave and Laura, whose bravery, love, and strength in the face of this hardship is truly inspiring.

Afterward, we needed a bit of a mood lifter so the boys and I headed over to the PS260 Quitters' Party.

See, three of the finest ladies in our office (Mitch, Sarra and Stephanie) have all put in their resignation within a few weeks of each other, all seeking their true purpose and best place on this earth. It is really hard to see them all go, but I know they'll all be successful. Mostly because it's because of them that all of our parties are as wacky as they are.

And this party was no exception, believe me.

It was mostly just a dance party.

Of course I got my requisite ladies' room pic. Come on, it was red-lit, what do you expect?

Our EP Zarina even showed up and bought everyone tequila shots.

I'm not exactly one for shots so I just documented the occasion.

Among the revelers were several ex-PSers, including editor Bryan (below) and ex-assistants Erik and Patrick. You can take the fella out of PS, but you can't take the PS outta the fella. I hope the same goes for our girls.

In the meantime, we just danced.

I really, really love the people I work with.

You know Sarra and Ned got low.



I even danced a bit, which you may know is a feat in itself.


How could I resist the Warming-My-Hands-By-The-Campfire classic Borgman move?

By the end of the night I felt way too attractive in my pretty pink dress. I'd had just about enough of myself.

So the next day I promptly removed that feeling by removing 4 wisdom teeth. I now look like Chunk from "The Goonies" as I sit here blogging from my bed, watching a "CSI:" marathon and popping Vicodin.

That's me! More ice cream please....
love,
*jenna*
Of course, I'll take any excuse to get all gussied up. Director Ben, my boss JJ and I all got dressed up and ready to go to the dinner on Thursday. By that time I was just happy to have it out of my hands and ready to enjoy the night.
At the Marriott Marquis, producer Ronan met up with us.
Last year we sat at a table with the agency; this year they put us at a table with the patient we profiled, Dave, and his wife Laura. They served an absolutely delicious 3-course meal...
(mmm, desserts.... pumpkin gelato, pie and mousse.)
... among speeches about the devastation of ALS. Last year they just sort of showed the films sporatically, without warning, and you just had to hope people were watching. This year we got a fantastic intro from the event's organizer, and everyone's attention from the start. The very first film up was mine. After working so hard on the editing, I hadn't had much of a chance to step back and see it emotionally, but I got that opportunity in spades while watching it sitting beside Dave and Laura. It was intense to watch them watch it, but I think I did my job.
I even got to meet Goose Gossage, who was being honored that night.
I was so glad I'd gotten to meet Dave and Laura, whose bravery, love, and strength in the face of this hardship is truly inspiring.
Afterward, we needed a bit of a mood lifter so the boys and I headed over to the PS260 Quitters' Party.
See, three of the finest ladies in our office (Mitch, Sarra and Stephanie) have all put in their resignation within a few weeks of each other, all seeking their true purpose and best place on this earth. It is really hard to see them all go, but I know they'll all be successful. Mostly because it's because of them that all of our parties are as wacky as they are.
And this party was no exception, believe me.
It was mostly just a dance party.
Of course I got my requisite ladies' room pic. Come on, it was red-lit, what do you expect?
Our EP Zarina even showed up and bought everyone tequila shots.
I'm not exactly one for shots so I just documented the occasion.
Among the revelers were several ex-PSers, including editor Bryan (below) and ex-assistants Erik and Patrick. You can take the fella out of PS, but you can't take the PS outta the fella. I hope the same goes for our girls.
In the meantime, we just danced.
I really, really love the people I work with.
You know Sarra and Ned got low.

I even danced a bit, which you may know is a feat in itself.
How could I resist the Warming-My-Hands-By-The-Campfire classic Borgman move?
By the end of the night I felt way too attractive in my pretty pink dress. I'd had just about enough of myself.

So the next day I promptly removed that feeling by removing 4 wisdom teeth. I now look like Chunk from "The Goonies" as I sit here blogging from my bed, watching a "CSI:" marathon and popping Vicodin.

That's me! More ice cream please....
love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:
That dress is a completely gorgeous color. Judging from the palette of your party-goers, you must have really stood out.
What a great night on many levels.
Film: wonderful, wonderful.
What a strange dichotomy with all your dancing photos that followed.
Post a Comment
<< Home