Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Still Beating.

Yesterday my mom asked me a very important question. What about New York do I still "heart?" To ease the difficulty of crashing back to reality after a work-free two months in Paris, I examined my heart to see what is still pulsing in this city for me. The first things that come to mind:

1) I have a best friend here who can dye my hair like a rock star even after two glasses of wine. Just LOOK at that red.


2) I have wonderful friends at work, who say to me upon my return, "I'm so glad you're back!" That is one of the greatest compliments I've ever received, just beside "I'm glad I met you, because now I don't hate all Americans" and also, "I have to love you because you're my daughter, but also, I really LIKE you."

3) Wine at work at 6pm. On the roof.


4) Standing on this roof and gazing at the Empire State Building before me.


5) The light at dusk in June.


It's difficult to come back, but hey. It's New York City, not Kansas City.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

LOVE IT!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home