Charity Art-stravaganza!
Last Friday I participated in my second art show! I had three pieces in the CDSC Starving Artists Art Sale in Brooklyn. 45 artists participated in the night of music, wine, food, and art to raise funds to help renovate the CDSC's fifth floor, to create an arts center for local children.
As Shannon and I arrived, the fiesta was in full swing. I signed in as an artist, slapped on a name tag, and right away one of the organizers recognized my name and informed me that one of my collages had already sold!
Needless to say, I was psyched.


The organizer brought over the young lady who bought the piece to meet me. It was so great to get to talk to her about why she bought it, why I made it, etc. I think I was more excited to meet her than she was to meet me!

I don't know why I kept posing like that. Anyway, so we got to go up to the fifth floor to see the area they hope to renovate. I love seeing possibilities abound in open, raw spaces like this.



This night, like any other, found me perfecting my self-portrait in the ladies' room.

I don't know why I do this, perhaps it's narcisstic, but I know Shannon understands.

Afterward, Shannon and I went out to celebrate my highest sale as well as her completion of cosmetology school by dancing at Gallery Bar. We tried desperately to figure out how to operate the photo booth, but somehow it took our money before informing us we'd used it wrong.
So naturally we made our own photo booth.
Confused:

Serious:

"Sexy": (upon review of this photo, I said to Shannon, "That's your sexy face??" to which she responded, quite brilliantly and aptly, "that's YOUR sexy face?")

Silly:

Regular.

Kewwwwwt! A fun night was had by all.
HOORAYYYYY

love,
*jenna*
As Shannon and I arrived, the fiesta was in full swing. I signed in as an artist, slapped on a name tag, and right away one of the organizers recognized my name and informed me that one of my collages had already sold!
Needless to say, I was psyched.
The organizer brought over the young lady who bought the piece to meet me. It was so great to get to talk to her about why she bought it, why I made it, etc. I think I was more excited to meet her than she was to meet me!
I don't know why I kept posing like that. Anyway, so we got to go up to the fifth floor to see the area they hope to renovate. I love seeing possibilities abound in open, raw spaces like this.
This night, like any other, found me perfecting my self-portrait in the ladies' room.
I don't know why I do this, perhaps it's narcisstic, but I know Shannon understands.
Afterward, Shannon and I went out to celebrate my highest sale as well as her completion of cosmetology school by dancing at Gallery Bar. We tried desperately to figure out how to operate the photo booth, but somehow it took our money before informing us we'd used it wrong.
So naturally we made our own photo booth.
Confused:
Serious:
"Sexy": (upon review of this photo, I said to Shannon, "That's your sexy face??" to which she responded, quite brilliantly and aptly, "that's YOUR sexy face?")
Silly:
Regular.
Kewwwwwt! A fun night was had by all.
HOORAYYYYY

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
HAHAHA! Again, congratulations! I think I need to work on my facial expressions. Hilarious.
Post a Comment
<< Home