Sentimental Fool
The other night as I was on my way home from the gym (!) it started snowing. It hadn't been predicted for that day but sure enough, chunky, light white flakes were floating down. Some landed on my eyelashes, reminding me of Julie Andrews (her "Sound Of Music" lyric never resonated with me until then).
But as I walked one extra block in the cold just to enjoy the fluffy precipitation, I thought of THIS song (which happens the first time it snows in New York each year):
But as I walked one extra block in the cold just to enjoy the fluffy precipitation, I thought of THIS song (which happens the first time it snows in New York each year):
It's just the cheesiest Christmas song ever, which we catch the first sign of when Rosemary Clooney sings, "Snow... I want to wash my hands, my face, my hair in it..." Really?
... but which I sang along to over and over again while writing my 30 Christmas cards on Sunday as I watched "White Christmas" multiple times. Yes, multiple. And that was after catching the last ten minutes of "It's A Wonderful Life" and weeping.
Ladies and gentleman, the corniest Christmas-loving freak you'll ever hope to meet.
love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
Now I know what you were quoting! This was fun.
By the way, I kept wanting to leave a comment on previous post...and just couldn't find the words...
But it was beautiful. She was beautiful. You are beautiful.
Post a Comment
<< Home