Tuesday, February 15, 2011

La Bloggette Returns!

One day Maury, who's in the market for a new digital camera, offered to give me a good deal on his used Rebel XT. I wasn't sure, though, as this was the same camera that (just one year ago) I'd deemed too cumbersome and too high-tech for my purposes. But I decided to take it for the weekend to try to get to know it better and see if it was right for me.

And, in fact, I ended up taking some pretty pretty pictures, once I learned what "ISO" and "aperture" mean. In the process, I had a fun day on 23rd Street!

Started out on 93rd and Broadway, where the bare trees of winter crawled skyward like spider legs against red brick.


Past the deli, which was selling Technicolor flowers.


Next, the subway ceiling ushered me in with its ugly loveliness.




Down to 23rd Street, where I popped into Eataly, Mario Batali's massive (and massively popular) Italian marketplace that opened last year.

It was... hoppin'.


But oh! did their fruit entice me and my camera eyes.






Next I stopped by Shoegasm, for some daydreaming...




And continuing westward...


Then I walked past, stopped in, left, and went back to La Maison du Macaron. And now I know that this place is right near my office, and my life will never be the same!


I had to have one. Just absolutely couldn't finish my day knowing I'd walked past this:


Okay, so I actually had to have two. On the left is Spicy Lychee/Rose and on the right is the Pink Champagne (my preferred choice):


PERFECT. PERFECT TEXTURE.


Sigh. After that adventure I stopped by Reminisce, a vintage and retro store that, for some unknown reason, I have only been to once, even though it's a mere five blocks from my office. That time was within the first month I lived in New York, and it was with Shannon, who brought me there on our lunch break. Wow. Working with Shannon, living in the same city as Shannon! and having a lunch break! Talk about reminiscing.

I survived their 25% off sale with my wallet intact. All I bought (for a measly $15) was this gorgeous vintage purse. Patterned white leather, a tapered, almost triangular shape, lovely gold clasp. Just so old-fashioned and beautiful. I couldn't tear myself away from it.


This may sound weird, but in some way I feel it resembles my grandma.

Lovely camera, lots of potential to snappity-snappin' my days away.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Yea! Wonderful to have you back behind a camera - wonderful when you are in front of one, also!

Stunning colors. Loved it all.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home