Picnic Perfect
Let me show you what was probably the greatest day ever.
For a few days, work was pretty slow and, seeing as my best best is about to move to another state and go hang out with our other best (leaving me bestless!) I decided to go ahead, live it up, look out the window and say, "Damn, this is nice weather we're having. I want a picnic."
So I took a day off to go with Shannon to have a picnic at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's cherry blossom promenade. Seventy-eight degrees, sunshine, blossoms, wine, cheese, and BFFs. What could be better?

I took special care in preparing the Ultimate Cheese Plate, designed after years of painstaking research into the field of choosing, eating, and enjoying the pleasure of life called cheese. It's a tough responsibility, but hey, someone's gotta do it.
And it was The Ultimate. Are you ready for your mouth to water? Let's go.


1. Peppered goat cheese, so tart and sweet and spicy
2. Dutch Roomano, mellow and nutty
3. Monte Enebro, which you may remember from this declaration of my love.
4. German Cambozola Black Label, which is now in fierce competition with the Monte Enebro for the honorable and coveted title of My Favorite Cheese. It's - get this - a blend of CAMEMBERT and GORGONZOLA. These two intense, strong flavors, when combined, mellow each other out and complement each other's flavors and textures like WHOA. They're the unlikely friendship of the cheese world.
5. Wildflower honey, to further complicate flavors.
6. French spicy olive mix from Zabar's.
7. Rosé wine. YES!!
8. Prosciutto di Parma, sliced very thinly.
9. Of course, baguette.
So we ate that, in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday, looking at this:

And looking at this:

And looking at this:



Someone managed to get their sunglasses in a tree:

Two hipster chicks sitting near us did some yoga, because, I guess, why not?


Yes, my friends, it was a glorious day.


We tried on hats...


... watched adorable little girls in colorful dresses toddling past...

... and pretty much just enjoyed life, good food, good weather, good company, and oh yeah, flowers.


Now that's what I call a picnic.

love,
*jenna*
For a few days, work was pretty slow and, seeing as my best best is about to move to another state and go hang out with our other best (leaving me bestless!) I decided to go ahead, live it up, look out the window and say, "Damn, this is nice weather we're having. I want a picnic."
So I took a day off to go with Shannon to have a picnic at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's cherry blossom promenade. Seventy-eight degrees, sunshine, blossoms, wine, cheese, and BFFs. What could be better?
I took special care in preparing the Ultimate Cheese Plate, designed after years of painstaking research into the field of choosing, eating, and enjoying the pleasure of life called cheese. It's a tough responsibility, but hey, someone's gotta do it.
And it was The Ultimate. Are you ready for your mouth to water? Let's go.


1. Peppered goat cheese, so tart and sweet and spicy
2. Dutch Roomano, mellow and nutty
3. Monte Enebro, which you may remember from this declaration of my love.
4. German Cambozola Black Label, which is now in fierce competition with the Monte Enebro for the honorable and coveted title of My Favorite Cheese. It's - get this - a blend of CAMEMBERT and GORGONZOLA. These two intense, strong flavors, when combined, mellow each other out and complement each other's flavors and textures like WHOA. They're the unlikely friendship of the cheese world.
5. Wildflower honey, to further complicate flavors.
6. French spicy olive mix from Zabar's.
7. Rosé wine. YES!!
8. Prosciutto di Parma, sliced very thinly.
9. Of course, baguette.
So we ate that, in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday, looking at this:
And looking at this:
And looking at this:
Someone managed to get their sunglasses in a tree:
Two hipster chicks sitting near us did some yoga, because, I guess, why not?
Yes, my friends, it was a glorious day.
We tried on hats...
... watched adorable little girls in colorful dresses toddling past...
... and pretty much just enjoyed life, good food, good weather, good company, and oh yeah, flowers.
Now that's what I call a picnic.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home