La Belle Aventure.
One year ago yesterday I changed my life.
And this is how that happened.
1. I learned that one of life's greatest pleasures is sitting at a café for two hours with a great meal, consumed slowly, outside, watching the world pass by.
2. Serendipitously catching an entire orchestra playing Pachebel's "Canon in D" between lines in the Metro, and watching the little old lady nearby appreciating them, and proposing marriage to the gorgeous violin player.
3. The discovery of moutard, spicy and incredible and better than anything I've ever eaten in America.
4. Viviane imparting upon me the wisdom that "eventually in life you will learn that sometimes the best moments you will have are sitting at a park and doing nothing."
5. The 4+ hours I spent trying on bathing suits, which reaffirmed to me how comfortable I actually am with my body.
6. The 10-hour barbeque I went to at Elsa's house outside of Paris, in which I understood about 4 words spoken between her and her friends.
7. European trains, and their windows.
8. Seeing Monet's Japanese footbridge in real life, the culmination of a decade of Monet appreciation, overtaking my heart with one sight.
9. Getting lost and finding my way on a bike in Giverny.
10. Choosing, eating the gelato in Nice.
11. Seeing the astoundingly colorful buildings in Vieux Nice.
12. Seeing this sculpture at the Louvre, and learning that some things are even more beautiful than you ever imagined them to be.
13. Spending some quality time with this obscenity-worthy hot chocolate at Angelina Café.
14. Living with this family. Learning that love is all.
And boy do I miss them, indescribably. Wish I was there right now.
For more memories, look at my Postcards From Paris.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home