Friday, September 09, 2011

Scenes From Santa Monica

Last week I was in California for work.... missed the hurricane and had myself a good time. It was much more relaxed and successful than my last business trip to L.A., which may have had something to do with the fact that I started and stayed directly in Santa Monica.

The sun is just different in Santa Monica...






I discovered two of the most amazing eateries I've ever been to. First: Cha Cha Chicken, a little and lovely Caribbean joint on Ocean and Pico. Words can't describe my instant and enduring love for this awesome jerk chicken, plantains and dirty rice vendor.



Went to the beach...


It's amazing how eased one feels the moment their feet touch the sand.


I met up with my West Coast twin...


Took a dip in the ferocious Pacific...


Had a ridiculously good strawberry/bourbon drink while listening to California bluegrass...


Saw neon...


Enjoyed a rare hot bath...


The second amazing eatery was Cora's Coffee Shoppe, also on Ocean, just down the street from Cha Cha's.




LOOK AT THIS. Orange pancakes (made with orange juice to replace milk in the batter), with blueberries INSIDE, with organic sausage and a cappuccino. Yes please!


Drove a Camaro... then let my boss drive the Camaro...


Went to the Pier...




Enjoyed a sunset...


Got room service and ate it in bed!


Returned to Cora's for brunch with Amy and her mama...


And, oh yeah, did some work too...


Not a bad way to spend a week, on someone else's dime!



love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

We MUST try that o.j. secret in our next pancake batch!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home