Advanced Style
I've just discovered and been loving the blog Advanced Style. It's all about having great taste and style at older ages. I've always related better to old people than to those my own age, no matter what age I've been, and going to this site is like hanging out with your fancy great-aunt or grandmother.
In particular I became fascinated with Ari Seth Cohen's profile of this lovely lady Ruth, who was about to turn 100 and was interviewed just after her Pilates class.

Besides the obvious, which is that she emanates class, wisdom and grace, I find her hands absolutely beautiful - wrinkled and lined in bright blue veins.
My friend Sarra once said to me in frustration, "Why do we allow ourselves to be afraid of or freak out about getting wrinkles? I think we should celebrate when we find our first wrinkle." I wholeheartedly agreed, but two years later I find myself in danger of betraying that notion, especially when Shannon informs me that I'm beginning to get a wrinkly clavicle (what???). But looking at Ruth here, I find myself returning to that idea of honoring, appreciating the signs of age, the elegance with which the body shows the life it's been living.
love,
*jenna*
In particular I became fascinated with Ari Seth Cohen's profile of this lovely lady Ruth, who was about to turn 100 and was interviewed just after her Pilates class.

Besides the obvious, which is that she emanates class, wisdom and grace, I find her hands absolutely beautiful - wrinkled and lined in bright blue veins.
My friend Sarra once said to me in frustration, "Why do we allow ourselves to be afraid of or freak out about getting wrinkles? I think we should celebrate when we find our first wrinkle." I wholeheartedly agreed, but two years later I find myself in danger of betraying that notion, especially when Shannon informs me that I'm beginning to get a wrinkly clavicle (what???). But looking at Ruth here, I find myself returning to that idea of honoring, appreciating the signs of age, the elegance with which the body shows the life it's been living.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home