Sigh. Oh, happy sighs.
On Monday evening I was released from work at seven o'clock... it was so early, I barely knew what to do with myself! I decided to go to the used bookstore and pick up a new Tom Robbins novel (well, new to me... I just finished Jitterbug Perfume). I exited the building and made my way toward the subway, but stopped in my tracks. What am I doing? I asked myself. It's still sunny out and I've been sitting on my bum for the last 4 weeks. I should just walk it to 14th Street. So, despite the slight chill of wind in the air, I began my 14-block stroll to Union Square. Almost immediately I was happy I chose this route instead of the underground darkness of the subway. I don't know if it was the fresh air, the particular position of the sun in the way it hit every building and tree in the city, or if I was just in a great mood, but I could not take more than three steps without being struck by the beauty around me and the angles at which I was seeing them.




I even saw a pair of hula-hoopsters at Madison Square Park.

These tulips just about destroyed me. A whole bed of them, just standing there in the sun, all folded up in prayer position, breaths away from opening up. Like a woman in her robe, telling her date she's almost ready, just five more minutes.





And how could the sight of a Mister Softee truck in the beginnings of spring not be gorgeous?

This amazing architecture...


Yes, folks, every day here in Manhattan is a dream. Especially in the springtime.





I even saw a pair of hula-hoopsters at Madison Square Park.


These tulips just about destroyed me. A whole bed of them, just standing there in the sun, all folded up in prayer position, breaths away from opening up. Like a woman in her robe, telling her date she's almost ready, just five more minutes.





And how could the sight of a Mister Softee truck in the beginnings of spring not be gorgeous?

This amazing architecture...


Yes, folks, every day here in Manhattan is a dream. Especially in the springtime.


1 Comments:
May I recommend "Still Life with Woodpecker." One of my all time favorites.
Post a Comment
<< Home