Thursday, June 01, 2006

Amalgam of Events.

Let's get the random stuff outta the way. Last weekend it was so sunny out, everybody came out to enjoy it. Even those with difficulty walking couldn't resist themselves.

I was walking around downtown around sunset and was struck by the light hitting this building so beautifully:

And this just caught my attention at the Uptown 6 Bleecker St. station:

Last night I was walking home from work and got caught in an unexpectedly torrential downpour. I was soaking wet and so was everybody (and everything) else. The subway station was teeming with water overflow, as you can see here, pouring down onto the tracks.

Alright. Last Saturday I took myself to the Prada "Waist Down" skirt exhibit. I snagged these photos before the chick told me to put the camera away. It was pretty cool because there were about 100 skirts, many of which were installed on these devices that made them twirl constantly, above simulated subway grates. You know me and twirling skirts.


On Sunday, Shannon & Jennifer and I went to Coney Island (our beach staple). We got us some chili dogs. (apply your favorite accent here.)


Then we took a walk on the board(walk). With everybody else in the world.


I liked this old and decrepit mural of King Neptune. It made me think of Dustin, as he was going to be our Neptune when we planned on being in the Mermaid Parade in June.

A nice warm day was had by all.

On Monday I went to go see "Brick" (recommended) but walked through the park first. It was so dern hot out that I had to rest myself halfway through. The grassy knoll I chose happened to be in perfect view of an impromptu event that I'm convinced one can only see in New York City: a rollerblade dance party.

People were getting down to old-school hip-hop and soul music, not to mention flirting like crazy with each other.


Even some non-wheeled bystanders joined in.


This woman was pulling some classical ice-skating dance techniques on the floor, and tried to teach others her moves.

These two dudes were watching and had to join in. And had to do it shirtless, I suppose.

A feel-good way to spend the day.

This li'l girl was just too cute.

Last night, as I said, I was walking home from work. I had planned to go past the park but got caught in the rain. However, just before that, I was stopped dead in my tracks by the fantastic window display at Lord & Taylor. There's just something about these mannequins, perfectly poised, alabaster white, clean, flawless, empty. It inspired me.


















love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna-pie, you manage to make the very pulse of the city beat out through your photos. Love them! Love you. Moms.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home