Random days in New York
My coworker Rob, whom you may remember gained fame by cutting a feel-good trailer for The Shining, was recently asked to be interviewed by Al-Jazeera. Huh. All he had to do was film himself answering some questions and upload the videos to their website. So, he decided to have some fun with it. He dressed up in a Sopranos-style tracksuit complete with gold chain. However, he was a little disappointed that his Blu-Blockers didn't come in the mail in time, so he had to settle for regular aviators.

He also put a slew of trophies in the background (unpictured). Sarra helped him set it up.

He did the interview completely straight, with no trace of irony. Except for the fact that he ate a bowl of HoneyCombs while talking and "editing."

Friday night Dustin and I were walking through a mostly empty hallway in Grand Central. It was filled only with the beautiful music of these three opera singers.

They were random... and amazing.

We got to the Shuttle train that goes between Grand Central and Times Square, and let me tell you, I've never seen such a crazy train. ("All aboard the CRAZY TRAIN!!!" ha ha ha to all my friends who've had the pleasure of seeing THAT video.)
Anyway, it was decorated like Whoa.


Dustin suddenly had the overwhelming urge to gamble.

There's this drugstore called Duane Reade in New York. I've gotten a little sick of them, because every time I go to one of their stores, their employees are rude and unhelpful and they charge me $7 for something that has a price tag of $4. Anyway... so the other day I decided to go to their rival, Rite Aide, to see if they could beat the Reade.
Unfortunately, they were no better in terms of service. Look at this. An entire aisle was filled with these crazy blue crates, making it impossible for anybody to get anything they needed in this aisle. They were as tall as me, and wider than my wingspan!

Can you imagine my embarrassment as I strained to reach over the crates, hopping up and down, a little higher each time, just to get what I needed? Rite Aide, you really disappointed me.

And finally, last night I rode in a taxi from The Future. It had a TV in the back!

You can choose to do all these things. You can read the news, find movies playing in the area, choose the music you want to listen to....

You can even get the weather!!!!!

There's also a map function, which didn't work at all. I was definitely not in Queens.

Welcome to technology!

He also put a slew of trophies in the background (unpictured). Sarra helped him set it up.

He did the interview completely straight, with no trace of irony. Except for the fact that he ate a bowl of HoneyCombs while talking and "editing."

Friday night Dustin and I were walking through a mostly empty hallway in Grand Central. It was filled only with the beautiful music of these three opera singers.

They were random... and amazing.

We got to the Shuttle train that goes between Grand Central and Times Square, and let me tell you, I've never seen such a crazy train. ("All aboard the CRAZY TRAIN!!!" ha ha ha to all my friends who've had the pleasure of seeing THAT video.)
Anyway, it was decorated like Whoa.


Dustin suddenly had the overwhelming urge to gamble.

There's this drugstore called Duane Reade in New York. I've gotten a little sick of them, because every time I go to one of their stores, their employees are rude and unhelpful and they charge me $7 for something that has a price tag of $4. Anyway... so the other day I decided to go to their rival, Rite Aide, to see if they could beat the Reade.
Unfortunately, they were no better in terms of service. Look at this. An entire aisle was filled with these crazy blue crates, making it impossible for anybody to get anything they needed in this aisle. They were as tall as me, and wider than my wingspan!

Can you imagine my embarrassment as I strained to reach over the crates, hopping up and down, a little higher each time, just to get what I needed? Rite Aide, you really disappointed me.

And finally, last night I rode in a taxi from The Future. It had a TV in the back!

You can choose to do all these things. You can read the news, find movies playing in the area, choose the music you want to listen to....

You can even get the weather!!!!!

There's also a map function, which didn't work at all. I was definitely not in Queens.

Welcome to technology!

1 Comments:
Al-Jazeera?! What?! Geez, that begs explanation.
Laughed so hard at the Rite-Aid tale. You tell a good one well, lovey.
mums
Post a Comment
<< Home