Que Shoe-ra, Shoe-ra
Merry Monday, everyone... now for the most uplifting story you'll hear amongst this icy weather (not applicable to Arizonans).
So, do you remember a few months ago when I drooled over a pair of gorgeous Golas while I was in L.A.?
I fell in love immediately and longed for them, but alas, they were $100 and I could not let myself spend full price for any pair of shoes. It's just not my style. I knew that if our love was meant to be, we would find one another again.
Luckily, a few months after I returned to New York, I found them sitting pretty in the window of an athletic store, strangely enough. Oh, how they called to me, both of our souls longing to be together in blessed shoe-to-foot harmony. But alas, when I went inside searching for the beauties, they were nowhere to be found. The salespeople were, true to New York form, unhelpful and rude, so I said, "Harumph! I won't give my money to you ne'er-do-wells anyway!" and left in a Jenna huff.
But I had a shopper's secret up my sleeve. I went to Zappos.com, an online shoe store, because surely they would have the shoes. And they did! I was thrilled! And they were a scant $75! (still a lot in my book, but not as much as a C-note.) Every time I would look at them online at work, my coworkers would Ooohh and Ahhh and say how "jenna" they were.
But the practical side of me pulled in the reigns and said, "Whoa. Easy girl. Is it really a good idea to buy these shoes never having tried them on?" As I have one foot a half size larger than the other, shoes and I have a love/hate relationship. Very often they don't fit me perfectly. So I said to myself, "Fine. I'll wait until I can try them on at Paragon (the aforementioned athletic store) and then buy from Zappo's accordingly."
So a few months, as well as the Christmas shopping days, passed and I still never went back to Paragon. However, fate and a dance class would intervene to reignite my love for these Golas.
I was going to take a hip-hop dance class last Saturday morning and needed some new shoes and possibly "workout" pants for the venture. (As you can see, I'm still getting used to being a gym member.) So, I went to the only sports store I know: Paragon. "Oooh," I thought as I looked at the Nikes and New Balances and Adidases. (or is it Adidai?) "Maybe I can try on those lovely other shoes whilst I'm here."
So I asked the feller who was helping me out if they still had some. "There are these shoes out in the window," I said, "These Golas, they have flowers on the front, they're really beautiful. Do you have any?" "Hmm," he said, "Let me check."
A moment later he returned.
"Last pair," he said.
"Size Seven," he said. (my size)
He handed them over and I felt like Dorothy receiving ruby slippers.
I tried them on.
They fit like a dream. A freaking DREAM.
I looked at the price tag.
Original: $95
ON CLEARANCE:
(wait for it, wait for it).....
$35
THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS.
WHAT?!?!?!
I just about cried with happiness. The last time I got a deal like that was when I was in high school and a coveted pair of red velvet Airwalks went on sale for $30. Yea!!!
Can't wait for April, when it'll be warm enough to not wear boots!! For now, they'll just be on the golden pedestal I hand-built for them in my bedroom.

love,
*jenna*
So, do you remember a few months ago when I drooled over a pair of gorgeous Golas while I was in L.A.?
I fell in love immediately and longed for them, but alas, they were $100 and I could not let myself spend full price for any pair of shoes. It's just not my style. I knew that if our love was meant to be, we would find one another again.
Luckily, a few months after I returned to New York, I found them sitting pretty in the window of an athletic store, strangely enough. Oh, how they called to me, both of our souls longing to be together in blessed shoe-to-foot harmony. But alas, when I went inside searching for the beauties, they were nowhere to be found. The salespeople were, true to New York form, unhelpful and rude, so I said, "Harumph! I won't give my money to you ne'er-do-wells anyway!" and left in a Jenna huff.
But I had a shopper's secret up my sleeve. I went to Zappos.com, an online shoe store, because surely they would have the shoes. And they did! I was thrilled! And they were a scant $75! (still a lot in my book, but not as much as a C-note.) Every time I would look at them online at work, my coworkers would Ooohh and Ahhh and say how "jenna" they were.
But the practical side of me pulled in the reigns and said, "Whoa. Easy girl. Is it really a good idea to buy these shoes never having tried them on?" As I have one foot a half size larger than the other, shoes and I have a love/hate relationship. Very often they don't fit me perfectly. So I said to myself, "Fine. I'll wait until I can try them on at Paragon (the aforementioned athletic store) and then buy from Zappo's accordingly."
So a few months, as well as the Christmas shopping days, passed and I still never went back to Paragon. However, fate and a dance class would intervene to reignite my love for these Golas.
I was going to take a hip-hop dance class last Saturday morning and needed some new shoes and possibly "workout" pants for the venture. (As you can see, I'm still getting used to being a gym member.) So, I went to the only sports store I know: Paragon. "Oooh," I thought as I looked at the Nikes and New Balances and Adidases. (or is it Adidai?) "Maybe I can try on those lovely other shoes whilst I'm here."
So I asked the feller who was helping me out if they still had some. "There are these shoes out in the window," I said, "These Golas, they have flowers on the front, they're really beautiful. Do you have any?" "Hmm," he said, "Let me check."
A moment later he returned.
"Last pair," he said.
"Size Seven," he said. (my size)
He handed them over and I felt like Dorothy receiving ruby slippers.
I tried them on.
They fit like a dream. A freaking DREAM.
I looked at the price tag.
Original: $95
ON CLEARANCE:
(wait for it, wait for it).....
$35
THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS.
WHAT?!?!?!
I just about cried with happiness. The last time I got a deal like that was when I was in high school and a coveted pair of red velvet Airwalks went on sale for $30. Yea!!!
Can't wait for April, when it'll be warm enough to not wear boots!! For now, they'll just be on the golden pedestal I hand-built for them in my bedroom.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
Did you say "a Jenna huff?"
Hmm... I know those... ;-)
LOVED the telling of that story. Laughed out loud.. and I had already heard it!
bushels and pecks, lovey.
mama
Post a Comment
<< Home