Hot Pink Petals
Well, as it turns out, it's supposed to rain this weekend (and I'm supposed to work), so the Cherry Blossom Fest will have to wait. But I will sate your floral appetite with something that might be even better than a designated super-garden: little mini-gardens found in simple places around town.
Sure, it's clichè to wax poetic about flowers in the springtime, and springtime itself (and God knows I've subjected you to it two years in a row) but the beauty of it never fails to amaze me. The smell of the air as it changes a mere ten degrees, becoming downright pleasant to the lungs. The nine o'clock sunshine. The twelve-deep line of people waiting to get an ice cream cone at the Mister Softee truck. The sunlight turning brightly-colored flora nearly neon.
Here were some of my favorites, a small garden of magenta tulips at Madison Square Park after work on Monday. I can't believe these exist without dye.


And its twin, a rectangle of the same lining a fountain at Rockefeller Center as I walked to work on Tuesday.

Sigh. Do your best, rain. See if I care. I've got photos of spring to keep me warm.
love,
*jenna*
Sure, it's clichè to wax poetic about flowers in the springtime, and springtime itself (and God knows I've subjected you to it two years in a row) but the beauty of it never fails to amaze me. The smell of the air as it changes a mere ten degrees, becoming downright pleasant to the lungs. The nine o'clock sunshine. The twelve-deep line of people waiting to get an ice cream cone at the Mister Softee truck. The sunlight turning brightly-colored flora nearly neon.
Here were some of my favorites, a small garden of magenta tulips at Madison Square Park after work on Monday. I can't believe these exist without dye.
And its twin, a rectangle of the same lining a fountain at Rockefeller Center as I walked to work on Tuesday.
Sigh. Do your best, rain. See if I care. I've got photos of spring to keep me warm.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home