Ba-Rockin' 2: Electric Boogalo
I'd just like to say that it's seventeen minutes before my 28th birthday and, on my iTunes list of 4,148 songs, the song that just came up was the Beatles' "Happy Birthday." I love this song!!
On Sunday I went back to Pennsylvania to do more canvassing for Obama, this time with a group of strangers (save for one friend, Tom, whom I barely saw all day as we were split up). I didn't take many photos, but again, I had the most amazing time - and as every time I've gotten involved in Obama's campaign, I met some of the most intelligent, well-spoken, energetic, positive-minded people I've ever met. One of them was my canvassing partner Masozi, who I must have been destined to meet, as we discovered on our way back to New York that we are the only two people left on earth who still carry a Discman.

We were followed all day by this Swedish journalist, Jenny, who took down our many statements and wrote an article about the experience. CHECK IT! You can also read the translated version HERE.
No matter what happens tomorrow, I will know that between my vote, the two trips to PA I took, the weekends I spent phonebanking, and the calling I just completed an hour ago, I have done what I can to try to help Obama win. I seriously hope I get the best birthday gift ever, and even if I don't, at least I had an amazing, enriching experience in the process.
love,
*jenna*
On Sunday I went back to Pennsylvania to do more canvassing for Obama, this time with a group of strangers (save for one friend, Tom, whom I barely saw all day as we were split up). I didn't take many photos, but again, I had the most amazing time - and as every time I've gotten involved in Obama's campaign, I met some of the most intelligent, well-spoken, energetic, positive-minded people I've ever met. One of them was my canvassing partner Masozi, who I must have been destined to meet, as we discovered on our way back to New York that we are the only two people left on earth who still carry a Discman.
We were followed all day by this Swedish journalist, Jenny, who took down our many statements and wrote an article about the experience. CHECK IT! You can also read the translated version HERE.
No matter what happens tomorrow, I will know that between my vote, the two trips to PA I took, the weekends I spent phonebanking, and the calling I just completed an hour ago, I have done what I can to try to help Obama win. I seriously hope I get the best birthday gift ever, and even if I don't, at least I had an amazing, enriching experience in the process.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home