A Saturday And A Monday
Good morning.

Fancy a trip to SoHo and its environs?





I love this webby net of tree branches. Somewhere in one of those windows, a woman is peering out at me suspiciously.

In west SoHo, there are a bunch of brightly colored buildings that always dazzle my eye on a sunny day. Inevitably, as my eyes become saturated with color, this building becomes the one that catches my eye and stands out from the rest, its simple clean white bursting in the sun.

On Monday, Shannon and I finally achieved a goal.


She taught me how to appreciate sushi. Nay, LIKE sushi!



Later that night, we fulfilled another one of her goals: to attend the weekly Upright Citizens' Brigade free Monday night show. The comedy group that launched a thousand comedy careers has improv classes as well as nightly shows, where comedy stars are known to drop by randomly. Mondays are free stand-up at 11pm, and we went with glee after our sushi adventure.
The packed crowd, with its young comedy lovers seated even on the ground/stage, reminded me of many afternoons spent in my high school drama club.

We had an awesome time and saw many hilarious acts. I definitely want to go back again.

One act we saw was Janeane Garofalo, who I have loved for so many years! I didn't realize how many things she's been so great in until I told people I'd seen her and several people listed different things they loved her in. I loved her awkward turn in "24," and remember her fabulousness back to "Reality Bites." Other people listed her on "Seinfeld," "200 Cigarettes" and "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion."
Speaking of which, what is this, you might ask? Does Shannon have leopard print knees?

Uh, no. Garofalo spent her time onstage telling jokes while throwing some of her used clothing to the audience. I got a slick dark denim jacket.

And Shannon got all 8 of Garofalo's strapless bras.
Huhhh????
love,
*jenna*
Fancy a trip to SoHo and its environs?
I love this webby net of tree branches. Somewhere in one of those windows, a woman is peering out at me suspiciously.
In west SoHo, there are a bunch of brightly colored buildings that always dazzle my eye on a sunny day. Inevitably, as my eyes become saturated with color, this building becomes the one that catches my eye and stands out from the rest, its simple clean white bursting in the sun.
On Monday, Shannon and I finally achieved a goal.
She taught me how to appreciate sushi. Nay, LIKE sushi!
Later that night, we fulfilled another one of her goals: to attend the weekly Upright Citizens' Brigade free Monday night show. The comedy group that launched a thousand comedy careers has improv classes as well as nightly shows, where comedy stars are known to drop by randomly. Mondays are free stand-up at 11pm, and we went with glee after our sushi adventure.
The packed crowd, with its young comedy lovers seated even on the ground/stage, reminded me of many afternoons spent in my high school drama club.
We had an awesome time and saw many hilarious acts. I definitely want to go back again.
One act we saw was Janeane Garofalo, who I have loved for so many years! I didn't realize how many things she's been so great in until I told people I'd seen her and several people listed different things they loved her in. I loved her awkward turn in "24," and remember her fabulousness back to "Reality Bites." Other people listed her on "Seinfeld," "200 Cigarettes" and "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion."
Speaking of which, what is this, you might ask? Does Shannon have leopard print knees?
Uh, no. Garofalo spent her time onstage telling jokes while throwing some of her used clothing to the audience. I got a slick dark denim jacket.
And Shannon got all 8 of Garofalo's strapless bras.
Huhhh????
love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
i'm watching reality bites right now. No really, I am.
Post a Comment
<< Home