Thursday, November 10, 2011

ROUGES!

Last birthday-related post, I swear...

Shannon and her niece Gracie were in town on my birthday and took me out to dinner! Imagine how excited I was when they showed up in matching red coats, which went quite well with my red dress!


Check out our matching headbands (awesome gift, thank you ladies)! We were precious.

After some blood-sugar related wandering, we ended up at Jaques, on Prince Street, which was absolutely delicious and very French - they acted like they did not care one bit about us, yet somehow still won us over. Example:

Gracie (to waiter): "PSSST. EXCUSE ME. It's my friend's birthday today, and we were wondering if we could please get a candle on her dessert."

Waiter: (silence, staring at the little human)

Gracie:"Or, I mean, just... I just wanted to let you know that it's her birthday."

Waiter: (rolls his eyes, walking away) "I am not sure if I can promise you anything, as it would require a lot of work, but we will see."

In the end I did get a lovely candle atop our crème brulée, and on the count of three we all broke the caramel top together. It was delicious, and a sweet end to a sweet birthday. I'm so glad I got to spend it with these two fabulous ladies.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I count FOUR ladies in red in this photo. Absolutely adorable!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home