Wonderful Warby Parker
I am a big fan of a company called Warby Parker. Started by four friends who were fed up with the exorbitant cost of a decent pair of glasses, it's a website where you can browse dozens of super-chic pairs, see them on models, and try them on virtually (they, in my research of online glasses, have the best and most effective virtual try-on feature).
They send you up to 5 pairs to try on at home, show to your friends, wear around the office and get a good sense of in daily life. When you've found your perfect pair, they ship you your new glasses for a grand total of $95 - frames, lenses, shipping, everything.
As if that wasn't awesome enough, for every pair they sell, they give a pair to someone in need.
I admit that I was a little worried about buying glasses online, but I took the plunge and, when they were a little too curved when they arrived, their fantastic customer service advised me to take advantage of their New York showroom and get a free adjustment. So off I went to NoLIta, and ended up in the coolest office ever.

It's at the beautifully ornate Puck Building, which, among other things, functioned as the face of the building where Grace and Karen work on "Will and Grace."


The lobby is even better.



And the Warby Parker office (a little empty here as it was Saturday), was a grand loft filled with large, sunny windows, rows of Mac computers, and about 10 super-friendly, knowledgeable staff members helping people choose their perfect pair.


Also: books on the shelves of glasses.

Also: books on how to be a proper gentleman, and typewriters.

They did not pay me to say this, but the Warby Parker staff took CARE of me. Their optician sat with me and fitted my frames to my face, over and over until I was really happy with them, and looked forward to wearing them. I left with the excitement of someone who just bought a great new accessory and couldn't wait to wear them with my new Anthropologie dress to a classy function the next week.

Oh, that's just me and my new friend Mike Richter. No big deal. He was so nice that you can actually see the halo above his head.
Thanks, Warby Parker!
(PS - I want to marry each of the WP founders.)
love,
*jenna*
They send you up to 5 pairs to try on at home, show to your friends, wear around the office and get a good sense of in daily life. When you've found your perfect pair, they ship you your new glasses for a grand total of $95 - frames, lenses, shipping, everything.
As if that wasn't awesome enough, for every pair they sell, they give a pair to someone in need.
I admit that I was a little worried about buying glasses online, but I took the plunge and, when they were a little too curved when they arrived, their fantastic customer service advised me to take advantage of their New York showroom and get a free adjustment. So off I went to NoLIta, and ended up in the coolest office ever.
It's at the beautifully ornate Puck Building, which, among other things, functioned as the face of the building where Grace and Karen work on "Will and Grace."
The lobby is even better.
And the Warby Parker office (a little empty here as it was Saturday), was a grand loft filled with large, sunny windows, rows of Mac computers, and about 10 super-friendly, knowledgeable staff members helping people choose their perfect pair.
Also: books on the shelves of glasses.
Also: books on how to be a proper gentleman, and typewriters.
They did not pay me to say this, but the Warby Parker staff took CARE of me. Their optician sat with me and fitted my frames to my face, over and over until I was really happy with them, and looked forward to wearing them. I left with the excitement of someone who just bought a great new accessory and couldn't wait to wear them with my new Anthropologie dress to a classy function the next week.
Oh, that's just me and my new friend Mike Richter. No big deal. He was so nice that you can actually see the halo above his head.
Thanks, Warby Parker!
(PS - I want to marry each of the WP founders.)
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home