Monday, January 16, 2006

Friday morning I boarded the subway to find a woman standing across from me, reading a novel called "Fourplay... The Dance of Sensuality." I thought it was funny to be reading such a thing at 9 in the morning on the subway, and she seemed so enraptured by it that I decided to take a stealthy secret picture of her. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn off the flash and was mighty embarrassed when it went off as I took the pic. I'm sure she was exponentially more embarrassed than I was, though.


It was foggy that night, and lovely. Muggy and cold at the same time. Truly Gotham City.


The next night we went to see Dustin's college friend Michael Leviton, to whom you can listen here. I recommend listening to "Pleasure Island." That one's great. He was dreamily sweet as always, and even did one song without his ukelele. I captured the rare moment.


But the real fun of the night was Alec Ounsworth, who usually fronts Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, but tonight he was on his own, though backed up by the kickin'-est pregnant drummer, phenomenal guitarist, and slide guitarist to boot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That preggars drummer was f-ing amazing! Totally. That kid is headed for incredible things.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home