Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's True, I Missed My Calling As An Artist

Well, I know it's been awhile since my last post, but I've been quite a busy li'l bee, though not in any bloggable sense. Just working a lot. I recently got an unpaid side gig writing snarky/sassy recaps for TVgasm.com. I'm O. Snapp.

So, between that and work, I've been putting in a lot of late nights. Last weekend didn't produce many photos, but I feel that the Of Montreal concert needs to be mentioned. I didn't take my camera, because I don't like to bring Stuff to shows (with my coat, it's just too much to keep track of in a crowded space) and also I like to dance around and watch and enjoy the show, rather than trying to get the exposure right on my camera. Dustin is better at that and, as a male, is not expected to boogie down.

But as I said, I feel it's definitely worth a mention here on my blog, so I did some awesome illustrations, using my infinite artistic abilities.

Before the concert, Stephanie and I went to a nearby German pub and got some beers. "Eight dollars?!" I squealed in horror. Fortunately, they were as big as our heads and therefore worth our hard-earned money.

I forgot Steph's cute glasses in these illustrations. I suppose that renders them unrealistic.



At the show, we were standing around and this couple behind us were making out so savagely that they literally kept smashing into us, quite rudely. I was not pleased.


Stephanie, however, was amused when we overheard the guy come up for air only long enough to blurt out, "My name is Stephen, by the way!!" Oh man. Now that's entertainment.


The show got started and it was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!! I was so excited to see them again, because as you may remember, they were my second favorite band to have performed during my and Dustin's concert week back in September. Second only to the Flaming Lips, but that's not even a fair comparison. Anyway, I hadn't danced or been to a show in far too long, so I was excited to get my proverbial groove on.


The group sounded fantastic and as usual, the lead singer changed into an array of sparkly outfits during the course of the show. He's got a very androgynous, David Bowie-sort of thing going on. The bass player had on a grand pair of pale pink angel wings, as I attempted to illustrate below. The "oops" part is where I tried to draw a guitar and failed miserably. I'm not sure why I was trying to draw it separate from the bass player, but let's not think about it too hard, hm?


It was soooo fun. But you can already tell that from the rockin' crowd drawn above, right?

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those pictures are so real, I'm glad you mentioned they were drawings so I can appreciate them even more! Sounds like a great concert, I should try the wings.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home