New York Sunsets.
There's not much going on this week, so today I'll give you some random sunset photos. I know it's corny, but I'm a sucker for a striking sunset. I never thought any would compare to an Arizona one, with its vast landscapes and dust-filled air, but New York sure can throw down with the best of 'em. There's something so stunning about the light at dusk hitting the sides of dozens of buildings (or thousands, if you're watching from Hoboken and can see the whole skyline). The light is so sharp, throwing shards of color against metal and brick. Instead of seeing the sunset by how it affects the sky, you see how it affects the scores of walls surrounding you.
Here in New York (and everywhere east of Mountain Standard Time states), between October and March the sun goes down at about 4 or 4:30. It's really depressing. You feel ready to leave the office at 5pm (which, now that I write that, seems like something everybody but me does). Anyway, it puts a real damper on productivity. However, there are some amazing sunsets during the bright parts of winter, the reasons for which I don't understand. The point is, because of this phenomenon I usually watch the sun set from my office.
I snapped this one on the way to a sound mixing session last week; it's an apartment building across the street from the Flatiron.

And this one, so moody and ominous, is from the PS260 girls' bathroom.

Gorgeous, no?
love,
*jenna*
Here in New York (and everywhere east of Mountain Standard Time states), between October and March the sun goes down at about 4 or 4:30. It's really depressing. You feel ready to leave the office at 5pm (which, now that I write that, seems like something everybody but me does). Anyway, it puts a real damper on productivity. However, there are some amazing sunsets during the bright parts of winter, the reasons for which I don't understand. The point is, because of this phenomenon I usually watch the sun set from my office.
I snapped this one on the way to a sound mixing session last week; it's an apartment building across the street from the Flatiron.
And this one, so moody and ominous, is from the PS260 girls' bathroom.
Gorgeous, no?
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home