Late Nite Blogging
May I start this entry by letting you know it's 2:14 a.m. and I'm watching a rerun of "Soul Train?" I didn't even know they play reruns of this show. It's like watching a snapshot of another generation, and that generation is fond of gettin' down (in amazing outfits, too). This is what I get for letting myself sleep till 1pm today.
In other news tonight... I took a walk through Central Park the other evening after work and was rewarded with this lovely scene.

And on Wednesday, walking to 22nd Street to have a slice at Maffei's with Stephanie, I glimpsed this building's reflection and was absolutely captivated by the beauty of distortion.

The next evening, after a girls' night out with some friends from PS, I had the kind of luck that seemed like divine intervention: Mitch, Princess and I had decided to walk over the Williamsburg Bridge back to Manhattan together. As we started out (near to the water, and a good fifteen minute walk to the train), I felt exactly two drops on my head and declared, "It's about to rain." Just then, a taxi pulled up beside us. We hopped in and not a full minute later it was pouring.
There's something uniquely beautiful about watching the rain come down on New York from inside a taxi.



This morning I treated myself to the greatest breakfast a gal could ask for: orange buttermilk french toast with maple-baked bananas and creme fraiche, with a perfect cup of coffee, from Nice Matin. It's about half the reason I moved to the apartment I live in now.

And yes, it is THAT GOOD. Me, I'm just grateful to have delicious food like that in my belly and sunlight like this in my bedroom.

Goodnight world. Keep on groovin'.
love,
*jenna*
In other news tonight... I took a walk through Central Park the other evening after work and was rewarded with this lovely scene.
And on Wednesday, walking to 22nd Street to have a slice at Maffei's with Stephanie, I glimpsed this building's reflection and was absolutely captivated by the beauty of distortion.
The next evening, after a girls' night out with some friends from PS, I had the kind of luck that seemed like divine intervention: Mitch, Princess and I had decided to walk over the Williamsburg Bridge back to Manhattan together. As we started out (near to the water, and a good fifteen minute walk to the train), I felt exactly two drops on my head and declared, "It's about to rain." Just then, a taxi pulled up beside us. We hopped in and not a full minute later it was pouring.
There's something uniquely beautiful about watching the rain come down on New York from inside a taxi.
This morning I treated myself to the greatest breakfast a gal could ask for: orange buttermilk french toast with maple-baked bananas and creme fraiche, with a perfect cup of coffee, from Nice Matin. It's about half the reason I moved to the apartment I live in now.
And yes, it is THAT GOOD. Me, I'm just grateful to have delicious food like that in my belly and sunlight like this in my bedroom.
Goodnight world. Keep on groovin'.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home