Election Day Baby
November 4, 2008
The Vote: Completed. OBAMA.
The Dress: Blue with white lace trim from Bloomingdale's, courtesy of gift certificate from Maury
The Jacket: Bright red court jester ridiculousness from Anthropologie courtesy of 2 Christmas gift certificates
The Necklace: Red heart pendant from my very little girlhood, which I always thought was just like Little Orphan Annie's, and which I almost lost forever at the age of 8 (whaddya know?) in my babysitter's backyard. Two decades later, it's still around my neck.
The Earrings: Mexican
The Manicure: Bad.
The Rings: Rockabilly Roses
The Shoes: Red ballet flats.
The Stickers: BARACK OBAMA 2x
The Music: ABBA Gold on the Discman, which include "Take A Chance On Me" (on my Obama PA mix) and "Mamma Mia"; on my work playlist: The Beatles on Pandora.com, a list which has been rather fitting today, as it has included "Let It Be" and "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" and "Brown-Eyed Girl" and "Don't Let Me Down" and "Don't Worry Baby" and even some Zeppelin.
The Girl: Happy of mind and full of heart





Miss you.
love,
*jenna*
The Vote: Completed. OBAMA.
The Dress: Blue with white lace trim from Bloomingdale's, courtesy of gift certificate from Maury
The Jacket: Bright red court jester ridiculousness from Anthropologie courtesy of 2 Christmas gift certificates
The Necklace: Red heart pendant from my very little girlhood, which I always thought was just like Little Orphan Annie's, and which I almost lost forever at the age of 8 (whaddya know?) in my babysitter's backyard. Two decades later, it's still around my neck.
The Earrings: Mexican
The Manicure: Bad.
The Rings: Rockabilly Roses
The Shoes: Red ballet flats.
The Stickers: BARACK OBAMA 2x
The Music: ABBA Gold on the Discman, which include "Take A Chance On Me" (on my Obama PA mix) and "Mamma Mia"; on my work playlist: The Beatles on Pandora.com, a list which has been rather fitting today, as it has included "Let It Be" and "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" and "Brown-Eyed Girl" and "Don't Let Me Down" and "Don't Worry Baby" and even some Zeppelin.
The Girl: Happy of mind and full of heart
Miss you.
love,
*jenna*

4 Comments:
I had just finished a photographic stroll down memory lane, gazing at images from your beginnings on this earth and choking back tears from a wide range of emotions. What a stunningly beautiful, round, cream-faced baby you were.
I said my prayers of thanks for EVERY minute I have shared with you and prayed for many more years of those to come, when I got your text and saw the birthday blog. What a vision you are. (The dress is lovely!)
You exude the very joy and "arrival" you are feeling today. I celebrate your life.
There's no one quite like our Jenna.
I so miss you, too.
Happy Birthday, luv.
Happy, happy.
Oh Happy Day!!! Happy Birthday Sweet City Girl...
We Love You!!!
~~ we dressed up in Red White and Blue today too!!!
so cute!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home