Friday, December 19, 2008

I Always Did Love Snow Globes

I love the last few days before Christmas vacation. Everyone at work is more relaxed and loving toward each other. The anticipation of break and holiday puts everyone in a happier state of mind, and very little work gets done.

Today is Friday, the day of our office Christmas party (where we get to dress up!) and my last day before I leave for AZ. All I've been doing all day is thinking about my outfit for tonight, handing out Christmas cards to everyone at PS260, and listening to a Sufjan Stevens Christmas album.

In honor of our holiday festivities, Mother Nature bestowed upon us the most wintry of landscapes. Our usually crystal-clear view of the Empire State Building was shrouded in blizzarding snow.








Rooftops = snow-covered. It surely delights this Arizona heart.




Our office is filled with many a wintry sight, like our fireplace (with bubbling homemade scent diffuser made from cinnamon, nutmeg, and oranges).


And of course, our gorgeous-smelling tree, replete with Secret Santa gifts.


A creative bunch, we all find unique ways to label packages without giving away penmanship.


(I think this says "girlie girl techy Katie")


This clever one is for Teel, who goes by his middle name Rex, so sometimes we call him T-Rex.










And tomorrow I'm off to AZ for a week! May or may not blog about tonight's crazy party at some point. For now I'll leave you with the sight of a lovely gift Sarra gave me, sitting atop my desk and looking out to the snow globe known as New York City.


love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Loraine said...

please let me know if you would like to get together for lunch while you're in town...

i would love to see you and give you a hug. :-)

loves,
loraine

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home