Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Day We've Been Waiting For

Tuesday, the whole world seemed to stop at noon. At the office, everyone gathered in the kitchen to watch history happen.


We watched with bated breath, happiness, pride, and hope.






I loved this lower-third.


Then it was time for the official moment...




And when it was over, everyone applauded. It's a wonderful thing to applaud to someone miles away, whether they can hear you or not, and to know that millions of people all over the world are applauding at the exact same moment.

In a cab that night, I looked out the window and, for the first time since I moved to New York, felt that the world was right... or was closer to right, anyway. The buildings seemed to gleam brighter, and I slept better than I had in a long time.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

So right about the applause. Of course at that moment, our little femme party of three also burst in applause. Your comment made me suddenly picture that EVERYWHERE, like one enormous wave of unified love (or sigh of relief!).

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home