Arizona Unwind
The first day or two in Arizona, I didn't take many photos. There is no photographic evidence of my arrival, my making pancakes the first morning, my night out with Kerri, or my visit with my Dad's side of the family at Grandma's house. However, I did take this photo of my new vintage holiday skirt (given to me by a coworker) and my equally holiday-y flower ring.

Nathan had driven from Texas and brought his dog Zoe for us all to meet. She is the star of the next several blog entries and roughly 75% of my photos from the trip. After Grandma's house, my brothers and I gathered around her to play and, you know, do dog stuff.

She's so adorable! By the end of her visit, she'd made both me and Tom want a dog.


Greg, who lived with Nathan in Austin for the first several months Zoe was around, was ecstatic to see her again and play backyard games with her.


She's so fast that usually it's hard to capture her once she takes off running.

Zoe was excited to take a ride with the boys and me to our Dad's house for a sleepover/campfire/movie-watching night. She's very well-behaved in the car.

Although a bit of a backseat driver if you ask me.

At Dad's we got our annual family photo taken by Dana.

Then a full family photo WITH Dana, although that was only taken with Dad's cam on a timer.

We were supposed to go fishing, which I was overly excited about because I haven't been fishing in a decade. But it was supposed to rain so we went on a walk around the neighborhood instead and made it an inside night.


And bonded with Zoe.

I caught these two in an intimate moment.



We played some games in the late afternoon sun.


We tried Dad's homemade beer, a photo for which Greg was less than enthused.

The rest of the night was filled with sitting around their outdoor fireplace and getting caught up on each others' lives, exchanging gifts and watching "The Dark Knight."

Next up: Jesus' Birthday Party.
love,
*jenna*
Nathan had driven from Texas and brought his dog Zoe for us all to meet. She is the star of the next several blog entries and roughly 75% of my photos from the trip. After Grandma's house, my brothers and I gathered around her to play and, you know, do dog stuff.
She's so adorable! By the end of her visit, she'd made both me and Tom want a dog.
Greg, who lived with Nathan in Austin for the first several months Zoe was around, was ecstatic to see her again and play backyard games with her.
She's so fast that usually it's hard to capture her once she takes off running.
Zoe was excited to take a ride with the boys and me to our Dad's house for a sleepover/campfire/movie-watching night. She's very well-behaved in the car.
Although a bit of a backseat driver if you ask me.
At Dad's we got our annual family photo taken by Dana.
Then a full family photo WITH Dana, although that was only taken with Dad's cam on a timer.
We were supposed to go fishing, which I was overly excited about because I haven't been fishing in a decade. But it was supposed to rain so we went on a walk around the neighborhood instead and made it an inside night.
And bonded with Zoe.
I caught these two in an intimate moment.
We played some games in the late afternoon sun.
We tried Dad's homemade beer, a photo for which Greg was less than enthused.
The rest of the night was filled with sitting around their outdoor fireplace and getting caught up on each others' lives, exchanging gifts and watching "The Dark Knight."
Next up: Jesus' Birthday Party.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home