Christmas 2008
Christmas morning arrived and we started the day as we usually do on December 25th... Mom played Santa and distributed gifts one by one.



We all got lovely things. (and some non-things, like charitable donations made in our name to charities that favor our interests - mine was given to an organization that integrates art and music into the lives of at-risk kids.)

This book, "As A Gentleman Would Say," was a great gift for the boys. Luckily, Greg didn't take offense.

Speaking of books, I got a wonderful one from Greg entitled "Other People's Love Letters." It's exactly what it sounds like, and I adore it.

Greg got a new camera.

Probably the best gift was from Mom and Tom, who gave us each iPhoto books detailing this year's vacation to Hawai'i, each one unique to its recipient.

You didn't think we'd forget Zoe, did you?

Ho no! Mom took as much delight (possibly more) in giving Zoe some toys as Zoe did in receiving them.

"What is this? What is this? It's for YOU!"



Then we had our usual post-gifting eating extravaganza.

Bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, O.J.


After breakfast, the boys went to see "Gran Torino" while Mom and I did some baking. More on that later. By then it was just us girls. Zoe and I looked out to the rainy Arizona Christmas.

Mom and I compared pedicures. Just as we took this shot, Zoe decided to get in on the action.

That night we had Mom's side of the family over for Christmas dinner. After a long day (and stressful season as a whole), I made Mom a Manhattan. I've never made one before. They were delicious.

Aunt Marsha and her kids were over, and soon the dinner-ing began.

Grandma and Greg, and the rest of us chatted in the living room.


At one point while I was sitting next to Grandma, something caught my peripheral vision. I looked over and she was very casually donning this flashing ring, twinkling in all neon shades of reds, purples and blues.

"Who, me? I don't know what you're talking about!"

After dinner we continued the gifting. I love watching my Grandma's face when she opens a gift.




Whew. What a day. We were all tuckered out after that.

love,
*jenna*
We all got lovely things. (and some non-things, like charitable donations made in our name to charities that favor our interests - mine was given to an organization that integrates art and music into the lives of at-risk kids.)
This book, "As A Gentleman Would Say," was a great gift for the boys. Luckily, Greg didn't take offense.
Speaking of books, I got a wonderful one from Greg entitled "Other People's Love Letters." It's exactly what it sounds like, and I adore it.
Greg got a new camera.
Probably the best gift was from Mom and Tom, who gave us each iPhoto books detailing this year's vacation to Hawai'i, each one unique to its recipient.
You didn't think we'd forget Zoe, did you?
Ho no! Mom took as much delight (possibly more) in giving Zoe some toys as Zoe did in receiving them.
"What is this? What is this? It's for YOU!"
Then we had our usual post-gifting eating extravaganza.
Bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, O.J.
After breakfast, the boys went to see "Gran Torino" while Mom and I did some baking. More on that later. By then it was just us girls. Zoe and I looked out to the rainy Arizona Christmas.
Mom and I compared pedicures. Just as we took this shot, Zoe decided to get in on the action.
That night we had Mom's side of the family over for Christmas dinner. After a long day (and stressful season as a whole), I made Mom a Manhattan. I've never made one before. They were delicious.
Aunt Marsha and her kids were over, and soon the dinner-ing began.
Grandma and Greg, and the rest of us chatted in the living room.
At one point while I was sitting next to Grandma, something caught my peripheral vision. I looked over and she was very casually donning this flashing ring, twinkling in all neon shades of reds, purples and blues.
"Who, me? I don't know what you're talking about!"
After dinner we continued the gifting. I love watching my Grandma's face when she opens a gift.
Whew. What a day. We were all tuckered out after that.
love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:
Wow - we look like Norman Rockwell's America. I'll take it! Love, love the holiday blog. Thank you.
Post a Comment
<< Home