Freaky freaky!
On Friday night, after dinner with Kerri, Dustin and I went to see a strange little movie at Landmark Sunshine Cinema. It's called "Live Freaky! Die Freaky!" and it definitely lives up to the title. It's a retelling of the Charles Manson murders told with stop-animation clay puppets and voiced by punk-rock heros like the dudes from Green Day and Asia Argento. It was the freakiest movie I have ever seen and ever expect to see, with outrageously gory violence, grayed-down color tones, creepy punk music that sounds like it was recorded through blown-out speakers, and dark humor pervading throughout. It was great!! And it drew just the kind of crowd you'd expect... plus us.

Saturday I went a little lighter, and decided to check out the annual Chinatown Flower Market, in honor of the Lunar New Year festival that was to occur that night. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be, though, as most of the flowers I saw there were silk and my camera pooped out after these two pictures.


So instead, I made the most of the gorgeous 59-degree sunny day and went back to the Upper East Side (heretofore abbreviated as the UES) to try to play basketball (which I couldn't because 50 other people had the same idea) and sit at the pier and read my Vogue magazine. Later that day I finished a canvas I had been working on for a couple of weeks, an abstract that I plan on giving to Kerri because it reminds me of her.

It's pretty big.

One short note about winter that I noticed last night: the thing that really surprised me, and surprisingly disappointed me last year about winter is that when it gets incredibly cold and miserable, you can really only wear one pair of shoes for the duration of the cold weeks or months. I suppose you don't have to if you have enough money to invest in several pairs of good, solid, warm, comfortable shoes, but I am not one of those people. Last year I was so sick of wearing my same old reliable shoes by the end of winter that I bought 3 pairs of strappy sandal high-heels weeks before winter ended just to keep my hopes up for the end of winter.
Anyway... this unusual, warm winter is kind of nice, for many reasons, but for me it's mostly because I still get to wear cool shoes.

Ciao babies... until next time.

Saturday I went a little lighter, and decided to check out the annual Chinatown Flower Market, in honor of the Lunar New Year festival that was to occur that night. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be, though, as most of the flowers I saw there were silk and my camera pooped out after these two pictures.


So instead, I made the most of the gorgeous 59-degree sunny day and went back to the Upper East Side (heretofore abbreviated as the UES) to try to play basketball (which I couldn't because 50 other people had the same idea) and sit at the pier and read my Vogue magazine. Later that day I finished a canvas I had been working on for a couple of weeks, an abstract that I plan on giving to Kerri because it reminds me of her.

It's pretty big.

One short note about winter that I noticed last night: the thing that really surprised me, and surprisingly disappointed me last year about winter is that when it gets incredibly cold and miserable, you can really only wear one pair of shoes for the duration of the cold weeks or months. I suppose you don't have to if you have enough money to invest in several pairs of good, solid, warm, comfortable shoes, but I am not one of those people. Last year I was so sick of wearing my same old reliable shoes by the end of winter that I bought 3 pairs of strappy sandal high-heels weeks before winter ended just to keep my hopes up for the end of winter.
Anyway... this unusual, warm winter is kind of nice, for many reasons, but for me it's mostly because I still get to wear cool shoes.

Ciao babies... until next time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home