Monday, December 03, 2007

Boy, that island is Long.

This weekend was cold. Frakkin' cold. Last year it stayed 50 degrees until February, and currently it's already in the 30s and snowing. Nevertheless, I made the trip out to Long Island to see Shannon and her new house (finally!). Unfortunately, I was so focused on our Target and mall shopping trip that I forgot to take pictures of the beautiful ride there. Riding the train was a nice, peaceful break to take and get out of the city, watching the turned leaves in their winter brightness go past.

However, I did take pictures of Shannon's new pad. It's freakin' huge!

Living room


Guest room


Bedroom


Chic bathroom


Gorgeous backyard.


As you can see, she's applied her impeccable style to the whole place. We went to Target and I got my fix and spent two gift cards I'd been hoarding for months. We walked around the mall for a bit and decided to get our photo with Santa. Shannon couldn't decide if she wanted her hair down,


or up.


But as you can see she's beautiful either way. Here's the keychain we got as a souvenir (sorry the picture's so wee. I forgot to take the full photo home with me).


I think Santa was happier than we were. He gave us some rad reindeer hats, not unlike the paper crowns you get at Burger King.


Then we hung out at the homestead till my train came. I was shocked at Shannon's couch's ability to convert to a recliner so adeptly.


She got a kick out of it.


The day went by fast, but it was lovely to hang with my Shannie. The next day it snowed and I didn't do anything at all. Which was awesome.

love,
*jenna*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is long...and wide...just like I like it. I had such a great day with you! Thanks for making the trek. love ya!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home