Wilderness Bound!
First of all, I just wanted to share the newest entry into the "weird things scrawled on bathroom stalls" department, this one from a unisex bathroom at Union Hall in Brooklyn:

Amen to that. Secondly, last Sunday I had the whole dang day off (and took a break from my writing, which I had done for almost twelve straight hours the evening before) and went "hiking" (read: walking along a path in the woods) with my friend Ned from the Superhero Store (also, he is only the second Ned I've ever met. Second only to PS Ned). We took a train up to adorable Tarrytown and walked around till we found the trail. Along the way we stopped by this cute antique store. Well, everything upstate is "cute."

I made some wishes near a Honda dealership.

Then we just walked around in the woods. It was a hot day, but the light was lovely.

Ned is into photography, so he shared my appreciation for light upon the crags of a rock.




Then we saw a deer! I felt like I was camping in Arizona.

It was soooo cute! She just kept putting her head up to hide behind the tree trunk, then ducking under it to peek at us curiously.

We came across a few li'l towns along the way, and everything was just too perfect. I really like the bench outside of this house.

And I don't know why the convenience store found this to be so important they had to reiterate, but evidently they have some savory foods.

I honestly thought this was a castle. But no, it was just a gorgeous church where some people were getting hitched on a beautiful August day.

This clock tower reminded me of the one from "Back To The Future."

Ummmmm.... random!

This building was just soooooo Italian cloisters.


After several hours of walking around, then some chicken fingers and beer, we headed back to the city, just before sunset.

On the ride back, I was still photographically stimulated.


I love the sight of traveling, from the traveler.





A good time was had by all. Or both. It was just nice to get out of the city and into some fresh air, and to give my legs their reason for living. Happy Labour Day! Hope y'all got a good rest in.

love,
*jenna*
Amen to that. Secondly, last Sunday I had the whole dang day off (and took a break from my writing, which I had done for almost twelve straight hours the evening before) and went "hiking" (read: walking along a path in the woods) with my friend Ned from the Superhero Store (also, he is only the second Ned I've ever met. Second only to PS Ned). We took a train up to adorable Tarrytown and walked around till we found the trail. Along the way we stopped by this cute antique store. Well, everything upstate is "cute."
I made some wishes near a Honda dealership.
Then we just walked around in the woods. It was a hot day, but the light was lovely.
Ned is into photography, so he shared my appreciation for light upon the crags of a rock.
Then we saw a deer! I felt like I was camping in Arizona.
It was soooo cute! She just kept putting her head up to hide behind the tree trunk, then ducking under it to peek at us curiously.
We came across a few li'l towns along the way, and everything was just too perfect. I really like the bench outside of this house.
And I don't know why the convenience store found this to be so important they had to reiterate, but evidently they have some savory foods.
I honestly thought this was a castle. But no, it was just a gorgeous church where some people were getting hitched on a beautiful August day.
This clock tower reminded me of the one from "Back To The Future."
Ummmmm.... random!
This building was just soooooo Italian cloisters.
After several hours of walking around, then some chicken fingers and beer, we headed back to the city, just before sunset.
On the ride back, I was still photographically stimulated.
I love the sight of traveling, from the traveler.
A good time was had by all. Or both. It was just nice to get out of the city and into some fresh air, and to give my legs their reason for living. Happy Labour Day! Hope y'all got a good rest in.
love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:
Hi, City Girl.
SuperNed is Super Cute!!!
I wish that we could have had time to shop at the Superhero Store while we were visiting. Donnie is going to be ROBIN for Halloween and SuperNate is BATMAN!!! Haven't figured my costume out yet...
Gracie is going to be an Azure Butterfly ~ oh..la..la!!
What are you going to be??? Are you going to keep us in suspense?
I'm glad that you had a good weekend.
Loves,
loraine
whoa...you guys are cuties. hmmmm.
Post a Comment
<< Home