Them's The Breaks
Well, if you know me well enough to read this blog you probably already know what my weekend was like. Dustin and I broke up. And even though I know it's for the best and that it was inevitable, it still always hurts to be rejected. Especially five days before Valentine's Day.
After I spent an hour crying on the phone to my mom, I called Shannon, who, luckily, happened to be in the city. She came over right away bearing cupcakes. A true girlfriend. After commiserating for awhile, she insisted that I come to Long Island and hang out with her for the weekend. I promptly accepted.
Before we left my place, I showed her a couple of my recent paintings and she liked this one so I gave it to her, happily. It's called "Cameo."

The next day she made me waffles and took me out around the small towns of Long Island while we listened to a CD of Led Zeppelin's blues songs I had made for her years ago.

It's just like Old Gilbert out there. It was nice to feel like I had gotten out of my town for a bit.

We went shopping at Target, by far the best thing to do in Long Island since it's impossible in the city. I bought a whole bunch of things that I don't really need.

And tried really hard to avoid this.

Anyway, breakups suck. A lot. Luckily, I have some fabulous girlfriends to talk to (even if they all live far away) and a close-listening mom. And I'm making a lot of mix CDs for myself.
After I spent an hour crying on the phone to my mom, I called Shannon, who, luckily, happened to be in the city. She came over right away bearing cupcakes. A true girlfriend. After commiserating for awhile, she insisted that I come to Long Island and hang out with her for the weekend. I promptly accepted.
Before we left my place, I showed her a couple of my recent paintings and she liked this one so I gave it to her, happily. It's called "Cameo."
The next day she made me waffles and took me out around the small towns of Long Island while we listened to a CD of Led Zeppelin's blues songs I had made for her years ago.
It's just like Old Gilbert out there. It was nice to feel like I had gotten out of my town for a bit.
We went shopping at Target, by far the best thing to do in Long Island since it's impossible in the city. I bought a whole bunch of things that I don't really need.
And tried really hard to avoid this.
Anyway, breakups suck. A lot. Luckily, I have some fabulous girlfriends to talk to (even if they all live far away) and a close-listening mom. And I'm making a lot of mix CDs for myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home