A New Year
For New Year's Eve, Dustin and I had dinner with his family at his parents' loft near Union Square.

It was like Thanksgiving all over again!

But with a Mexican flair (the tablecloth, and hot sauce).

Good times.

For the occasion (and the party following dinner), I wore one of my favorite shirts, this little black number with a lacy back, paired with my heavy silver stitched broken heart necklace.

Post-food coma, we went out to Brooklyn to the home of Claire & Aaron, who threw a small fiesta for Wesleyanites and their significant others.

Harris and I had a heated discussion over which was a better word: coquette or tart. (i prefer coquette.)

People socialized, got caught up on each others' lives, and told of their best and worst moments of 2007.

Not to mention canoodled. There was some definite canoodling going on.

As midnight approached, everyone cheered their countdown of the final moments of the year.

And kissed at that moment when the world becomes new again.


And popped the champagne, of course!

We insisted to Matt that he shouldn't pour water on an electrical fountain; it seems like an oxy moron of a gadget just begging for disaster. But he confidently filled it and it was, indeed, fine.

Dustin found some fellow facial hair fellows.

While I chatted with Beth and had some wine.

We realized that, save for one or two people, this was a party of couples. Pairs everywhere.
Carolina and Howard.

Harris and Tovah (she, his new girl, was listed as one of his best memories of the year).

The hosts, Aaron and Claire.

Matt & Althea.

Derek & Liz.

And of course...

Some people just couldn't resist the urge to do the twist.

This is kind of freaky, actually:

And at the end of the night, we watched each other go forth into the newborn night via the surveillance camera hooked up to C&A's TV.

The next day, Dustin and I tried out a supposedly amazing dining joint, Big Nick's Burgers. It was extraordinarily old-New York-ish, like a diner that should be in Times Square.

They had dozens of signs and photos on the wall of 80's stars, most of whom I'd never heard of.



I insisted my photo not be taken, but Dustin went against my wishes, so he ended up with a be-scarfed jenna.

Happy 2008, everyone! I hope this year treats you right. I hope this year treats ME right. 8 is my lucky number, after all.
love,
*jenna*
It was like Thanksgiving all over again!
But with a Mexican flair (the tablecloth, and hot sauce).
Good times.
For the occasion (and the party following dinner), I wore one of my favorite shirts, this little black number with a lacy back, paired with my heavy silver stitched broken heart necklace.
Post-food coma, we went out to Brooklyn to the home of Claire & Aaron, who threw a small fiesta for Wesleyanites and their significant others.
Harris and I had a heated discussion over which was a better word: coquette or tart. (i prefer coquette.)
People socialized, got caught up on each others' lives, and told of their best and worst moments of 2007.
Not to mention canoodled. There was some definite canoodling going on.
As midnight approached, everyone cheered their countdown of the final moments of the year.
And kissed at that moment when the world becomes new again.
And popped the champagne, of course!
We insisted to Matt that he shouldn't pour water on an electrical fountain; it seems like an oxy moron of a gadget just begging for disaster. But he confidently filled it and it was, indeed, fine.
Dustin found some fellow facial hair fellows.
While I chatted with Beth and had some wine.
We realized that, save for one or two people, this was a party of couples. Pairs everywhere.
Carolina and Howard.
Harris and Tovah (she, his new girl, was listed as one of his best memories of the year).
The hosts, Aaron and Claire.
Matt & Althea.
Derek & Liz.
And of course...
Some people just couldn't resist the urge to do the twist.
This is kind of freaky, actually:
And at the end of the night, we watched each other go forth into the newborn night via the surveillance camera hooked up to C&A's TV.
The next day, Dustin and I tried out a supposedly amazing dining joint, Big Nick's Burgers. It was extraordinarily old-New York-ish, like a diner that should be in Times Square.
They had dozens of signs and photos on the wall of 80's stars, most of whom I'd never heard of.
I insisted my photo not be taken, but Dustin went against my wishes, so he ended up with a be-scarfed jenna.
Happy 2008, everyone! I hope this year treats you right. I hope this year treats ME right. 8 is my lucky number, after all.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home