Art These Days
Last Sunday, D. and I went to the Guggenheim to see the Richard Prince exhibit. It was pretty hit-or-miss. There were some cool things. For several items, Prince spelled out jokes amid a mess of collaged paint and print, like this:

(from old porn)

and this:

and this:

(from Jimi Hendrix checks)

and this.

Another series of his that I liked was his "Nurses"-themed set.


However, more and more often I find myself going to modern art exhibits and ending up frustrated at the lack of effort most artists today are putting into their work. What is the freaking point of slapping acrylic paint on a car hood and putting it on a literal pedestal? Ooohh, it's so symbolic. Gag me. The paragraphs-long pretentious yapping required to explain its "critique on modern culture" is what should be framed and hung.

But it's a lovely museum to go to anyway.

love,
*jenna*
(from old porn)
and this:
and this:
(from Jimi Hendrix checks)
and this.
Another series of his that I liked was his "Nurses"-themed set.
However, more and more often I find myself going to modern art exhibits and ending up frustrated at the lack of effort most artists today are putting into their work. What is the freaking point of slapping acrylic paint on a car hood and putting it on a literal pedestal? Ooohh, it's so symbolic. Gag me. The paragraphs-long pretentious yapping required to explain its "critique on modern culture" is what should be framed and hung.
But it's a lovely museum to go to anyway.
love,
*jenna*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home