Movin' On Over... To The West Side
Last weekend was my much-anticipated glorious moving weekend. On Saturday I got a real bed! Queen-sized! It's the first bed I've owned since high school. I absolutely love it and, after living in a room where only a twin-sized bed (and not much else) would fit and being used to doing everything on the bed - reading, watching DVDs, writing, staring at the walls - I am now determined to use this bed ONLY for sleeping. Now I finally have enough room to do all kinds of things: painting, Pilates, random dancing, hand stands.
On Sunday, Rohanna and Benedicto, my now-former roommates, were kind enough to help me move my stuff from one apartment to the other. Having lived in 7 homes before I left for college, there are rituals I'm used to for moving day. For example, one must eat donuts for breakfast in the early morning light. Also, after moving all day and getting sweaty and disgusting, it is pertinent to rejoice in a job well done by taking a good long shower and eating pizza with your loved ones on your new living room floor whilst surveying the multitude of boxes around you.
For this move, however, such rituals were not necessary, as the whole ordeal only took about 3 hours. I did, however, psychically summon my mother and her moral support by blasting ABBA's "Gold" album while getting my things together in the morning. Before I knew it I was revelling in my new space. If you've ever been to the other apartment, where I spent the last four years, you would know that this is massive.

... and about triple the size. (with 2 closets! and a ceiling fan! and windows that let in actual light!!)

I will continue to update the blog as I get settled and decorated. I'm planning a Moroccan theme. In the meantime, I was so happy with my move that I was enthralled even by the sunlight in my new subway station.



And this is my block.

Gorgeous! Wonderful! Happiness!
Next time: Mermaid Parade 2008!
love,
*jenna*
On Sunday, Rohanna and Benedicto, my now-former roommates, were kind enough to help me move my stuff from one apartment to the other. Having lived in 7 homes before I left for college, there are rituals I'm used to for moving day. For example, one must eat donuts for breakfast in the early morning light. Also, after moving all day and getting sweaty and disgusting, it is pertinent to rejoice in a job well done by taking a good long shower and eating pizza with your loved ones on your new living room floor whilst surveying the multitude of boxes around you.
For this move, however, such rituals were not necessary, as the whole ordeal only took about 3 hours. I did, however, psychically summon my mother and her moral support by blasting ABBA's "Gold" album while getting my things together in the morning. Before I knew it I was revelling in my new space. If you've ever been to the other apartment, where I spent the last four years, you would know that this is massive.
... and about triple the size. (with 2 closets! and a ceiling fan! and windows that let in actual light!!)
I will continue to update the blog as I get settled and decorated. I'm planning a Moroccan theme. In the meantime, I was so happy with my move that I was enthralled even by the sunlight in my new subway station.
And this is my block.
Gorgeous! Wonderful! Happiness!
Next time: Mermaid Parade 2008!
love,
*jenna*

2 Comments:
Jenna, honey, it's beautiful, BEAUTIFL!!! Now I am so excited since I can better picture it and you in it. What a gorgeous neighborhood; how blessed you are. And that lamp looks divine. (I'm jealous)
Good job, baby, good job.
BIG WINDOWS!! TWO CLOSETS!! TWO CLOSETS!! I could just scream those two things over and over again. It looks amazing! Can't wait to have a pajama party!
Post a Comment
<< Home